Chapter 6

In an opera stage, where all the seats have been taken by rich and elite Atlesians, all dressed up and chattering and talking until the voice of an announcer begins speaking.

Announcer: "Please, welcome to the stage. Weiss Schnee!"

Among the applauding massive audience, both Ironwood and Jacques Schnee are sitting in a row in the opera's upper boxes. They join in the applause as Weiss begins to sing.

Ironwood: "Very good of you to hold this charity gala."

He looks at Jacques before continuing.

Ironwood: "And is this Miss Schnee's first public performance?"

Jacques glance at Ironwood before nodding to his question.

Jacques: "Yes, it is. And she's doing spectacular."

He and Ironwood gaze upon the crowd as they all watch Weiss in stage, amazed by her beautiful singing. Her song being, "Mirror, Mirror." For Weiss, she's singing to the best of her ability as she glances at her father and the general.

[Flashback]

Weiss is walking through the empty halls of the Schnee Manor with her little brother, Whitely. As they walk, Whitely glances at his sister before speaking.

Whitely: "I know you want to go, and rest assured with you off training, the company will be in good hands."

As he said this, Weiss glances back to her brother.

Weiss: "What about mother?"

Whitely doesn't say anything as he merely points out the window. Weiss follows where he's pointing at only to see their mother in the outside garden, sitting on a chair and a small table next to her. On top of the table are a few bottles as one of their butlers begins to pour one in Willow's glass cup. Whitely speaks.

Whitely: "What about her? She doesn't exactly play an active role in our lives... not anymore."

Weiss notice the linger last part of her brother's words.

Weiss: "Regardless, she's... she's still our mother, Whitely."

He looks at her, dead in the eye, before sighing.

Whitely: "Very well... I'll be sure to make sure she's okay..."

Weiss's face visibly softens when she hears his response. They reached a fancy-looking door. Whitely notices his sister just staring at door.

Whitely: "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Weiss doesn't respond as she knocks on the door. After a few seconds of silence, a voice can be heard from behind the door.

Jacques: "You may enter."

Weiss enters her father's office as Whitely stands at the doorway of the office, looking at his father.

Whitely: "I-I'll excuse myself."

As he left, Weiss stands in front of her father as she bows to him. Klein is next to the side of Jacques's grand chair as he nods to Weiss as she does the same. Jacques leans forward in his desk to look at his daughter.

Jacques: "So, what can I do for you, Weiss?"

Weiss takes a deep breath before she speaks to her father.

Weiss "I want to become a Huntress."

Once he heard this, Jacques snaps back at her, slamming his desk.