Coincidence

Mumbo's Perspective-

One Week Later-

"Mumbo, can you come here for a sec?" Mumbo's mother called.

Mumbo put down his pencil and math homework and got up.

"Where's 'here'?"

"Your father's office."

Mumbo walked into his dad's office and saw that his parents were looking at seating for a show.

"What's this?" He asked.

"Well, your mother wants to see Hamilton on Broadway. It's the original cast and we think it'd be a fun experience." Mumbo's father explained.

"The only problem is," He said, pointing at the seating, "We'd be separated. There are two seats here, and one seat two rows in front of it. We were going to get those. Would you mind sitting by yourself?"

"Why do I have to go?"

"Because it's a once in a lifetime experience." His mother said.

Mumbo sighed and groaned, "Fine. I'm okay sitting by myself."

"Great! Thanks sweetie." Mumbo's mother kissed his cheek as his father bought the tickets.

Little did Mumbo know,

He wasn't going to be alone.

Two Weeks Later-

"Okay, you sit up there. We'll see you in the show's intermission." Mumbo's father told him.

Mumbo nodded and walked up to his seat.

He sat down and took out his phone, texting Oli and Pix.

After a couple of minutes of arguing with Oli over how much he wanted to go to the musical, Mumbo heard someone say,

"Er- excuse me, Mumbo."

Mumbo looked up and blushed as he saw Grian.

"Birdie? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see Hamilton. It's one of my favorite musicals." Grian said, sitting to the left of Mumbo.

It suddenly became awkward as they stopped talking.

Last they spoke in person; Mumbo confessed his feelings for Grian and got rejected.

"So..." Mumbo coughed awkwardly, "How's it going with Scar?"

Mumbo tried to ignore his aching heart as he looked at Grian.

"Oh, we broke up." Grian said.

"Oh! I'm so sorry."

"No, it's fine. Besides, we both kind of broke up with each other."

Mumbo tilted his head, confused, "Pardon?"

Grian giggled, patches of red forming on his cheeks, "You see, I like someone else and he noticed that so we talked about it and agreed that we were better as friends."

Mumbo nodded, his heart thumping as he hoped he had a chance.

"So who do you like?" Mumbo asked.

A flush of red filled Grian's face as he started to stutter awkwardly.

"I- uh- you know- "

He was interrupted as a guy with dark black fluffy hair, glasses, and a black hoodie on that had the Hamilton album cover on it sat down next to Mumbo.

"Hello! You two a fan of Hamilton?" He asked.

"Er- I'm here because of my parents. But Birdie is." Mumbo said, gesturing to Grian.

The guy nodded.

"I'm Tom." He said, stretching out his hand.

"Mumbo." Mumbo shook his head.

"And Grian!" Grian smiled, waving.

After a couple of minutes of chatting, the show started.

Tom started to sing along to the song.

Grian and Mumbo tried to hold in their giggled as the first song continued.

As the musical went on, Mumbo found that he quite liked it.

Halfway through the song 'Helpless', Mumbo felt something on his hand.

He looked over and saw Grian, whose face was red and whose hand was on Mumbo's.

Mumbo felt his heart rate pick up and his face heat up as he held Grian's hand.

Grian looked over at Mumbo and they made eye contact, both of them blushing like mad.

"It's you." Grian whispered.