Ch.4: I'm Sorry Lily

(Liliana's POV)

Ever since the events of that day, Ive been doing my best to avoid my brother. I keep myself busy by cleaning and cooking when I can. I care for Wanda and I've even learned to sew a little.
Phoebus tries to talk to me but I have nothing to say to him. I mean how could I after what he did and said to me?
Most days I just lay in bed, curled up with my puppy and holding my now small baby bump.
If it wasn't for the two of them, I would see no reason to keep going.
Sometimes I close my eyes and pray that this is all a nightmare. A horrible nightmare that will go away when I wake up. But everyday I have to relive what my brother said to me.
Putting all that aside, I decided to make myself a nice dinner of stew. I added pot roast, carrots, potatoes, squash, and corn and continued stirring it till the whole house had a wonderful aroma.
Just as I was finishing up, I heard the sound of the front door opening.
Wanda stood beside me and I could hear her beginning to growl under her breath.
I just shushed her and didn't even bother to turn around to glance in his direction.
"..Hi Lily, smells good in here you cooking stew?" My brother asked.
I just rolled my eyes at his stupid question and just continued cooking.
"Okay, well I'll set the table and I'll let you finish up...I um got you some flowers."
I glanced at his hands, he held a small bouquet of pink lilies and sunflowers.
Although I thought they were beautiful, there was no way a damn bouquet was gonna fix things between us.
"I'll put them in a vase and they can be our centerpiece. Hope you like them."
I didn't say a word, I just pushed past him. Grabbed two bowls, filled them with the stew, placed it infront of him, and began eating silently.
"So..how are you feeling? Feeling any different?"
I gave him a "what do you care?!" Kind of look and continued eating.
"Hope you're eating well, I wouldn't want you to get weak, gotta take care of my little niece or nephew."
Not being able to hold back anymore, I jumped up from the table and glared at him.
"Shut your mouth!" I said before throwing my bowl into the sink.
"Liliana, please calm down" Phoebus said.
"I said shut up! Don't act like you give a damn about my baby after the way you treated me!"
"Lily if you would just give me a chance to explain myself you would understand that I'm trying to apologize to you for the way I acted. I feel terrible about it."
"I don't give a damn! Ever since you came back into my life you've done nothing but cause me pain and misery! I wish you would've stayed gone! I hate you!"
With that said, I ran back to my room and slammed the door.
I couldn't take it anymore, if I stayed here any longer I was going to lose my mind. I decided that I was escaping that night, no matter what the cost.
If it meant I had to run away from my so called brother for the rest of my life then so be it.
I was not staying here any longer!