Ch.8: It's Your Baby

Frollo quickly jumped to his feet and he looked really upset.
"Just..just give me a chance to explain" I said struggling to get to my feet.
"Explain? Explain what?! Clearly you've been very busy while you've been gone. That's why you haven't written to me isn't it?!" He snapped.
My heart was pounding and I could feel my eyes getting ready to just leak out a stream of tears.
But I stood my ground and glared at him.
"First of all Claude, you have clearly forgotten that night we spent together. You're the only man I've ever slept with! And we all know that intercourse leads to pregnancy! I'm pregnant you idiot!"
Frollo's jaw dropped in shock.
"You...you mean that..that..bump on your stomach is...."
I rolled my eyes, "Yes! This is your baby. You and I are it's parents. I can't believe you would even think otherwise!"
Frollo looked down in shame but balled up his fists in anger.
"Well you could have told me, a simple letter Liliana. If you just would have told me sooner I would've left Paris to be with you no matter what."
"You don't think I tried?! I tried multiple times to reach out to you. But once my brother found out about my pregnancy he threatened to hurt me and the baby. I had to think of my child!"
Frollo reached out and tried to embrace me but I pushed him away.
"Don't, you know this isn't how I pictured our reunion. Clearly you still need time to process this. When you're ready to talk you know where to find me."
Not giving him a chance to respond, I pushed past him and ran out of the room, tears running down my cheeks and my heart pounding in my chest.