Ch.6: I can help you/failed seduction

By the time I was done explaining everything to Angelina,I was shaking in both anger and sadness.
She shushed me and wiped away my tears with a handkerchief.
"I understand why you did what you did. I promise he will not find you here. He's a monster for ever threatening you or that little blessing in your stomach. I don't know how I'd cope if anyone said anything like that about my girls."
I smiled and turned to look at her twins laying with Wanda on the floor.
Allison was giving her belly rubs. And Adeline had Wanda's head in her lap and Wanda was licking her hands making her giggle.
"They're both beautiful little girls, if you don't mind my asking,..where is their father?"
Angelina sighed and looked at me with the saddest look in her eyes.
"... I'm afraid, their father passed away last year....he killed himself."
Once she said that I could feel my stomach drop.
"Oh..I'm so sorry..." I said not really sure what else to say.
"It's not your fault. He was suffering in silence for a long time. You see my husband Joseph was a great man, a kind man, a hard working man. But before he met me when we were both 15, he lived with his parents. Both were very abusive towards him. One night he ran away from home and came across my father's store. My father was a baker you see and he was kind to Joseph. He asked me to bring him food and to tend to the bruises on his arms. Eventually my father hired him to work in the bakery. The more time I spent with him the more I fell in love. He told me I was the only one who made his hellish life feel like a happy dream come true. After I turned 18 we got married and I got pregnant when I was 24. He was so happy to become a father. Our girls loved him so much. But..he kept having nightmares about his parents. He would have meltdowns and panic attacks. I did my best to console him but nothing worked I guess...one day I was out with the girls getting groceries..and when I came back...I found him in the backyard..with his throat slit...I still can't bring myself to go back there...I feel so guilty...I wish I could've stopped him..."
With every word she spoke I could feel my heart braking.
"How...how are you coping?" I asked.
"What choice do I have? My girls need me. They're all I have left."
Not being able to control myself anymore, I got up and wrapped my arms around her. Before I knew it we were both crying like babies.
Eventually we calmed down and had another cup of tea.
With a deep breath Angelina asked me something that would change my mood completely.
"Lily..would you like to go back to Paris?"
I looked at her with wide eyes, "More than anything " I said.
"I have some money saved up, me and the girls can go with you. My aunt lives in Paris and she said I can stay with her anytime id like. I think it's time we moved on from here. Started a new life. We can travel to Paris together. What do you say?"
I grinned so big that my face began to hurt.
"OfCourse I'll go with you my guardian angel!"
I couldn't believe it, fate was finally on my side all thanks to my new friend. That night I immediately got to work on a new letter to send to Frollo to inform him that I was on my way back.

(Frollo's POV)

I felt pathetic as I looked into the roaring fire of the fire place. Tears were coming out of my eyes and I couldn't tell what emotion I was feeling.
Sad because I missed her, or overly upset because I hadn't heard a word from her in months.
Had she forgotten about me? Had she decided to stay with her brother? Had everything she had ever said to me and promised me a complete lie?!
I was so wrapped in my thoughts that I hadn't realized that someone else had come into the room.
"Your honor, are you alright? You've been up here for so long" said Clarissa as she placed a hand on my shoulder.
I turned away from her, "What do you want?"
"I was given some of the Communion wine and I thought maybe you'd like some" she said in a fake sweet voice that made my teeth hurt.
"I'm not interested, you may leave now" I said never taking my eyes off of the fire.
"Well...if your not interested in the wine....maybe I can interest you in something.. sweeter."
Hearing that made me very confused. But before I could ask what she meant I was caught off guard by the site of her unbuttoning her dress.
"What in gods name are you doing?!"
"I can see that your in pain my lord, I want to ease your pain..with my body" she said as she tried to get closer to me.
"Contain yourself woman! We are in the house of God!" I snapped.
"Then maybe we should head to a place more private. It'll be our little secret father..no one has to know..not even Lily" she said as she leaned in closer and tried to kiss me.
With a groan I shoved her away from me.
She looked up at me in shock and looked as if she was was about to burst into tears.
"Let me make this perfectly clear Clarissa, keep your dirty hands off me, keep your damn mouth shut! And keep my Angels name out of filthy mouth! And of you ever try to pull a stunt like this again I will sentence you to death, do you understand me?!"
I expected her to cry or to just nod. But instead she jumped to her feet and glared at me.
"It's not like your precious Angel is here now! And if she ever really did love you she would be here now! How much could you possibly mean to her if she just left you here! Yet here I am right Infront of you and reject me! May God punish you both for what you have done!"
With that said she ran out of the room.
I scoffed at her ridiculous words, but deep down I believed them..as much as I hate to admit it..my heart was broken and yet I was still in love with the one who broke it.