Chapter 9

Shaak-Ti's POV

      I was meditating on the grass outside of the ship. Master Windu was standing with his arms crossed together at the edge of the cliff, waiting for Young Tayuya Uzumaki to comeback. Naruto was recovering, Rose was watching basically from intel of the medical data pad, he was extremely exhausted. But there one person who's confused and lost. I open my eyes to see Fū, sitting on the entrance ramp of the ship with her knees up to her chest hugging her legs. I can sense her confusion, loneliness and sorrow.

Shaak-Ti: What's wrong young one?

Fū: Huh?

Shaak-Ti: I can sense your confusions.

Fū: Sorry, is just all of this sound really crazy.

Shaak-Ti: *open her eyes* It's okay to feel confused. Is the first time you find out that there are other life through the stars.

Fū: *nervously chuckle* Yeah.

Shaak-Ti: *gesture to the grass, next to her* Please sit down young one.

She gets up walk up to me, sitting next to me. I can sense her nervousness. She feel insecure and scared.

Shaak-Ti: Tell me about yourself Fū.

Fū: *surprised* Oh. Me. Well I'm Taki nin...former nin. I enjoy having fun, little pranking, but also want to make hundreds of friends.

Shaak-Ti: Hundreds friends.

Fū: *smiling* Yeah! Because having friends sounds nice and you can't feel alone!

She may say it with smile, I can sense sadness, pain and loneliness. Like Naruto said, the pain of being alone is unbearable it could drive to insanity. This girl is the same as Naruto endure the hardship of being Jinchuriki. Treated as a outcast and seen a demon, not a person. Yet she was able to hide it all behind a mask, but under it she's in a lot of pain. Learning from Naruto memories and explanation of Garra being a Jinchuriki mentally unstable if the tailed beast sealed into a person's body is a symbol of latent mental illness, then Gaara has one, too. Gaara's village utterly rejects him and sees him as a violent monster when he has no desire to harm anyone. After a series of traumatic events, he starts to see himself as the monster that everyone says he is and takes out his pain and anger on his village.

People with mental illnesses are often expected to be violent and are treated poorly as part of that stigma. It's common for people to eventually start acting on the expectations of others, which is what happens in Gaara's case. But Naruto endure suffering that could lead a child to lose sanity, but was able to endure the hardship and this girl is going through the same thing.

Fū: Can you tell me what it like out there, in the stars?

I smile at girl curiosity to know about the galaxy.

Shaak-Ti: The galaxy is vast wide, there are unknown worlds that haven't even been discovered. It holds many mystery to explore.

Fū: How does that galaxy work?

Shaak-Ti: The galaxy would serve as the setting for trade, politics, and war throughout galactic history.

Fū: Really?

Shaak-Ti: Yes. But not like your world. Sometimes there wars, politics or democracy.

Fū: Sound boring.

Shaak-Ti: *chuckle* You sound just like my padawan.

Fū: Padawan?

Shaak-Ti: In the Jedi order Padawan means students. My padawan is Naruto.