Chapter one

"My hatred for Link goes back as far as I can recall.

There's no one more annoying, nagging, and life-wrecking than him. 

I can't wait to see his face when I finally walk down the isle; something to hold against him! Finally, something I can lord over him- I'll be married, and he'll still be single and alone. Thank God for my birthday!"

Those were the first words I remember thinking as I woke up on my eighteenth birthday.

Yes, it's true, I was young, in-love and competative. But really, I should've been able to tell the future of my feelings by the sheer amount of space Link took up in my mind.

in exactly one week, me and Apollo would no longer be betrothed. We would be married. Properly, too; no stupid rules stood in my way this time! I glanced at my beautiful white gown in the corner of my room. Drenched in intricate beading and thick, puffy silk, I couldn't help but let my eyes settle on it for a little while. That was my future. Yes, Apollo was my future. I was so sure of it.

The first time me and Link ever interracted was when we were both five years of age and he told me how he was going to become the best knight in the world. I, for one, hadn't believed a word of it. Prissy little me believed that he was scruffy and sloppy, and destined to go nowhere. He, similarly, believed me to be snooty and petty, and hoped that I would someday get what I deserved.

Through all of our childhood years, me and Link managed to strengthen (If possible) Our hatred for one another. His friends hated me, and my maids despised him. 

As we got a little older and entered our early teenage years, the thought had crossed my mind once or twice about his looks, but I had never let them go any further. His friends, however, had done the complete opposite, and began to take an interest in me sexually- it had felt like batting flies off of your food on a sticky summer's day.

However, Link never caved. He had always hated my guts, and wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

And my God, I'm really glad he didn't. Because, now that I am out the other end of it, I realise that if we had stopped hating each-other, I probably would've found myself falling head over heels for every fibre of his being; and I, for one, really, really don't like people who fall madly inlove, because most of the time it's one-sided.

So, there it was. I wasn't expecting things to change. I mean really, who could've known?