Chapter four

The search for Apollo had been going on for a good two days, but there had been no feedback. Pretty much all of the soldiers had gone out to look for him, but he had just vanished. I had spent those days in my room, sobbing my heart out into my pillow.

There were so many emotions currently drowning my body that I hadn't really had the time to think about my actual jobs and duties. My maids did their best to convince people of the truth, bless them, but people just weren't having it. I had heard snippets of the things people were saying about me; and the worst part was, I could just about guess the amount of praise Link would be recieving right about now.

My prescence felt like a burden, all of a sudden. 

It was four days until the wedding now- the date hadn't changed, only the groom. And my will to live. And my hatred for said groom. And my hatred for said will to live, I suppose.

I knew that at some point I would have to consult with the stranger that was my father, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. The easier, quieter and more rewarding choice would be to submit to whatever he ordered, even if that meant marrying Link.

Me and Lisa were walking along the bridges over the training grounds, the noises drowning out any possible conversation.

I spotted Link as he looked up and, instead of giving me the finger or a disgusted face as he normally did, he just turned his face back away, revealing his sorry expression for a couple moments.

"I hate this so much." I whispered. "How do I marry him?" 

"Just walk down the ailse, I guess."

"Oh God, and with my father, too."

"It'll be fine, Princess. We can do something, I'm sure."

"How has my world turned so pear-shaped?" I felt tears brimming in the corners of my eyes again as Lisa snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Hey! You can not brew over this, alright? I won't let you." She sighed, shaking her head. "You can't marry him. I won't let it happen. Rest assured."

"But how can you do anything?" I began, tears brimming in the corners of my eyes once more.

"If you could just get one moment with your dad-"

"Impossible task."

"No it's not! Listen." She cupped my face in both her hands, her brows furrowed in determination. "You love Apollo, yes?"

"Yes. Of course."

"You want to marry him?"

"Absolutely I do." I nodded agressively.

"Then you have to stop moping around and gather up some courage!"

I paused for a moment, drawing in a deep breath as I considered this, before drooping my shoulders and looking back down at the cobblestone beneath my feet. "No, I'm sorry Lisa. I can't face him."

"Then there's nothing we can do."

I felt myself begin to burn up with anger once more as I looked down at Link.

"My father wouldn't listen anyway." I shrugged. "All I need is for Apollo to come home."

"I'm sorry, Zelda." Lisa lay a hand on my shoulder. "I'm really sorry."