Chapter three

I was one day closer to the wedding, and everything was beginning to fall into place. I woke up to the sound of talking outside my window, and let the sunlight pour onto my face. I listened to the muffled voices as I began to take note of the worry in their voices- the volume was increasing as I heard anxious footsteps running around the place. It wasn't long before I heard a knock on my door and got up to open it.

It was my three maids, who were now working again since my birthday was over. They hurried into my room and closed the door behind them.

"What's going on? Why are you all so stressed?" I began. 

They looked at each other with fearful expressions before Lisa, the most confident, began talking. "Apollo has ran away."

I felt the blood drain from my veins, leaving cold, tingling trails behind it. "What?" I almost whispered in confusion. "What? Why? How?" My voice raised in pitch and volume as I felt my heartbeat quicken with every shaky breath I drew.

I ran my hands through my hair and tried to calm myself.

"Well, you see, there's been a rumour-" Aria began.

"Rumour? What rumour?" I snapped, begging for context.

"Well, um, how do I put this...You know that knight?" She turned to Lisa for help.

"There are rumors that you and Link fucked each-other." Lisa blurted out, earning a smack on the wrist from Dalia. "What? I'm just being blunt and honest." 

My room began to spin as I felt my heart pound against my frail skin. Who would say this? Why? What in the world was I going to do? 

"Is it true?" Lisa added.

I snapped just then, yelling, "Well of course it isn't! Who do you think I am?!" I felt tears run down my flushed cheeks. I just wanted Apollo back.  Who would do such a thing?!

Oh. I knew exactly who.

I felt so stupid. Of course it was him. Of course he'd want to sabotage the one thing I was excited for, the one thing that would make me happy.

And of course he'd get a kick out of people thinking that he was hooking up with the most valuable girl in all of hyrule.

I quickly grabbed a dress from my wardrobe and sprinted into my bathroom without another word, ran a brush through my hair and bolted out of my room.

I burst his bedroom door open, shouting, "You vile son of a bitch!"

He woke up in such a shock thet he fell off his bed and onto the stone floor with a groan. "What the Hell?!" He shouted, continuing to wail in pain as he cradled his head.

"Do you honestly think you're funny doing this?! Spreading this God awful rumour about us to everyone?!"

"What rumour?!" Link whined, still on the floor. "What's going on?!"

"You know exactly what's going, you idiot!"

"No, I don't!" He continued to yell. "Now will you just tell me why the fuck you're in my bedroom screaming at me?!"

"There's a rumour going round that we slept together and it's all your fault!"

"What?! I didn't start any rumour!"

"Yes, you did! And now Apollo's gone six days before my wedding and the whole of Hyrule thinks I'm a tramp!"

"I didn't do anything! Stop blaming me!"

"Well who else would've wanted to ruin my wedding?!"

"Leave me alone, will you?!" He stood up and held his head in pain.

Lisa ran into the room then, panting and struggling to talk. "Princess, there you are!" 

"God, I can't believe this!" I wailed as more tears escaped my eyes. "Where are the others?" I asked.

"Well, that's the thing. We just got told another rumour. Except, this one isn't really a rumour..."

"What now?!" I bellowed.

"After hearing what happened...The king wants you to marry each-other."

"WHAT?!" Me and Link both yelled simultaneously.

I turned to him and began to sob, yelling at him as he yelled back at me. He looked as if he was on the verge of tears himself. 

Lisa began to drag me away from him as I called him practically every name under the sun, until I finally turned away and sobbed into my elbow as Lisa ran down the corridoors back to my quarters.

I sobbed uncontrollably into my hands on the floor of my living room as all three maids comforted me as much as they could. My cries would be broken by an occassional, "How could he do this?" or, "I'm going to kill him!"

All I wanted was Apollo. He was the only one who could make me feel better right now, and I needed him back. But he was nowhere to be seen, and now I was betrothed to that sorry excuse of a boy.