Chapter seventeen

*I am back. I had the most amazing time in the city (For some reason my parents let me stay out till 11pm each night and I just explored and found the most amazing views). Anyways here's the next update!*

I heard Link walk through the door and close it behind him.

I was nose-deep into my studies and so didn't exactly notice it at the time, until I felt the sudden sensation of somebody's arms being wound around my waist and kissses being planted onto the back of my neck.

I began to kiss him back, and he picked me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist and gripped the hair at the back of his head.

"I've missed you." I grinned between kisses.

Link nodded in agreement. "Coming home is the best birthday gift ever."

It took me a shockingly long moment to clock what he had said before I pulled away from the current kiss, gasping. "It's your birthday?!"

Link put me back onto the floor and nodded, still holding me immensely close.

"Wha-" I pulled away from him, gripping his arms. "Why didn't you say anything?! I mean, why didn't you tell me?"

"It's not really important."

"Are you insane?" I chuckled in astonishment. "It's a massive deal!"

"No, it's not." Link protested, trying to kiss me again.

"Um, yes it is, Link!" I backed away from his kiss. "I haven't even gotten you a gift!"

Link pulled me back towards him in one smooth sweep. "I don't really give a shit."

"Well, I do!" I frowned.

Link groaned and picked me up, planting me on the bed. "Look, Zelda, are you going to make a massive deal out of this?"

"Yes, if you let me."

He embraced me once more and began kissing me again. "There's only one thing I want."

"And what's that?"

"Oh, come on." He rolled his eyes. "I think we both know."

I chuckled. "Right." 

"They found him!" Kyle beamed.

"They what?!"

I could feel my heart practically sprint with both relief and dread. It was only half past eleven in the morning, and already so many spontaneous emotions were spilling throughout my body.

And, God, how bad I felt for Kyle and his team, working so hard to find Apollo when they didn't know the dreadful truth of the matter.

Either way, this was good news. Apollo was safe, alive and aware that the rumours weren't true. 

"He was in the Hebra region, just as they had predicted. He's on his way back now, he shouldn't be longer than half a day." Kyle stated, regimented but still radiating excitement.

"Oh, Kyle..." I smiled as best I could. "That's amazing."

Kyle informed me of the details of his location, his physical state and his reaction to the truth; all of which were good, might I add.

However, before long, our attention was instantly pulled towards Lisa racing towards me at great speed. "Princess!"

"Lisa?" I stuttered as she hunched over, panting and holding her stomach.