Feuds with Family.

When Clark arrived home, the only other home was Lois.

It was how the farm was majority of the time. Neither of the boys were home much and when they were, they would barely leave their rooms unless they were with each other.

Konner spent his time with the titans. Tim mainly. He would also hang around with Jon in metropolis, introducing him to a darker side of town.

Konner hardly spoke to his parents, in his eyes, it was Clark who ruined everything. He was the reason he lost his little star. His sister.

Jon was never the same after Marinette left, as well as blaming himself, he missed her. His twin, other half, she was gone. At school she would protect him from bullies even if she got beat up in the process.

Jon never realised how much he relied on her. She was always there for him but no one ever acknowledged her.

Clark's parents wouldn't say much more than hello when they saw eachother, though they would drop off the occasional meal for them, they knew Lois was struggling to even get out of bed most days, let alone make dinner and Clark's cooking skills left much to be desired and just because they were mad at them, didn't mean they should starve.

Clark and Lois didn't share a bed anymore. Clark was either on the couch or in the fortress at night.

Neither blamed eachother but both of them changed when Marinette left. No one could wish the loss of a child on anyone.

For months to begin with, Lois could barely leave her bedroom but she had to for work... She would trudge into the daily planet, do the minimum she had to, barely talk to anyone, trudge home and curl up in bed blasting the music she knew was Marinette's favourite.

It never got much easier but eventually she found it easier to hide.

Clark snapped at everyone, he became a very bitter person, becoming angry easily. He would go to either work (hero or journalist) bark at everyone, most likely break something, get home, eat, then work some more.

Family dinners were sparce, normally, Konner would be with the titans anyway and if Jon was home he'd make himself some toast and dissapear into his room and Clark and Lois could barely talk to eachother without some kind of argument.

But on the rare occasion Kara managed to urge them all together, it was almost silent, maybe some small talk such as 'How's school?' or 'work good?' but nothing more.

No one was allowed to sit where Marinette would, even if they had guests over, unless the wanted Clark ending up shooting lasers through them, no one would sit in her chair. That's to say they only let other heroes over because they didn't completely share what happened with many others.

Jon sought out any companionship he could get. Not often of innocent kind as soon as he was 16.

Kara struggled to hold the reminants of the family together. She wished she could have told them. Kara made a promise and she never broke promises... She would always try and get the family to search for her. But they didn't want to push boundaries, she ran because she couldn't be with them without hurting anymore. They didn't want to cause her more pain.

Their relationships with everyone, including the bats, became strained and barely sustainable.

Jon and Damien never spoke anymore.

Jon's grades were barley passing.

Konner barley left the Titans tower or Tim's side for that matter.

Lois struggled doing everyday activities.

Clark became bitter and hated everyone.

Martha and Jonathan cared but the relationship was rocky between them and Clark.

Kara was stuck in the middle.

She hated seeing her family so broken. She couldn't do anything to help her cousin.

She knew Marinette wasn't ready to see any of them. The meeting with the Justice League was more than enough to prove that. Kara saw the look of panic in her eyes, she knows Damien saw too. How she kept her composure to that extent, she'd never know.

"Clark... I made dinner, yours is on the table..." Lois said quietly, not looking in his direction as she ate at the counter.

"Thank you." He replied coldly, sitting down at where his plate was.

"How was Paris?" She asked

Clark began eating and paused. "They're all children... Jon's age at oldest... Their leader... She looks so much like her Lois... But she was so angry... She kicked us out."

"What?" She turned around to look at him and saw the scratches on his neck. "Oh my gosh what happened to your neck?"

"Apparently I crossed boundaries... Her guard cat took a swipe at me... Their powers are all magic. I can't do anything to help them... I don't want to fail Crimson too."

Lois sighed then got the first aid kit and put a bandage on his scratches. "There's always something to do it isn't always fighting."

"They were so protective of her... The leader ... Shouldn't it be the other way around? She stopped him before he went further and the team seemed..." 

Lois made some tea and gave him a cup. Neither hated eachother, they likely both still loved eachother but there was always a strain.

"They actually seemed surprised that she stopped him... They weren't as... Hostile towards the other League members..." Clark gripped his mug tighter than he should, barley restraining his strength.

Lois turned away and went back to her food. "look... Sometimes... You aren't accepted straight away. They'll come around... They're children in a war, I wouldn't be surprised if they were just scared to trust anyone knew."

Clark nodded and finished his food. He had to help them...

The love was never lost, but the relationships were.

The perfect example of...

You never know what you have until it's lost.

Sorry for typos... I'm a clumsy typer and I'm a sucky proof reader.