Running

"I'm leaving now." Marinette said quietly to her family, Adrien and Damien standing silently beside her.

"Let us come with you... Please Mari let us help!" Konner asked, stepping towards her.

She shook her head. "It's all magic. None of you have combat training that is needed to take on those with magic. You will only get hurt and may even hinder my progress... I... I'm not going forever. But I need to do this."

Damien gently squeezed her hand.

She kissed his cheek. "Can someone drop Damien back in Gotham? I love you dove but this is a team miraculous duty. Okay?"

He sighed and nodded. "Fine, fine... But you better not die because I will kill you!"

She smiled and nodded. She bit her lip, deciding against hugging any of them. She picked up the box with her suit in, her new glasses rested on her nose. She transformed and hooked an arm around Adrien, she glanced at her family once more and then took off.

Konner looked at the rest of his family, "we really not following her?"

Damien tutted. "If you want any kind of relationship with her again, I would adhere to her wishes if I were you."

Konner frowned and looked to Jon. Seemed they had the same idea.

..~~..

When Marinette and Adrien landed in Paris, Adrien stared at her accusingly.

"You're running away from them." He crossed his arms.

"Well first you tell me to stop being so nice and now you say I'm supposed to drop all of my plans to get them involved? Make up your mind!"

"This is different and you know it. And that wasn't what I was saying! Mari... I can see you want them back too. You're lying to yourself if you're saying that you don't want to. You just don't want to get hurt... Which you know will happen because healing does hurt. But you can't shut them out. It won't help anything." Adrien sighed.

"I... I'm going back once we're done.... I know who he is... At least I'm pretty sure. Just give me a few weeks then I probably will go back just please! We have to deal with this!" She begged.

"You're still injured! You can't possibly go after Hawkmoth like that! Why don't you just tell me who? I'll find out weather you're right!"

"No! N-not until I'm sure... And I know reasons..." She frowned. "It's just recon. I'm not engaging yet. I promise."

Adrien sighed and hugged her. "Just be careful... Take some kwamis and don't be transformed... Then if there are any traps, you'll be okay."

She nodded. "I will."

With that, she disappeared from view. Adrien sighed and called the rest of the team.

Carapace, Viperion, Kitsune, Rooster, Honey, Ryuuko, Pegasus and Roi Singe soon arrived.

"Something is wrong guys..." Adrien said quietly.

Kagami nodded, "I agree. I do not think that she should have gone alone."

Nathaniel sighed, "I jink everyone would agree but have you ever tried talking her int accepting help? Or talking her out of a dangerous idea? She's too stubborn." He began pacing around the roof.

"She was all over the place with her parents... she's too unstable mentally to be doing any of this... A lot of things happened that I know she wasn't prepared for." Adrien crossed his arms. "She's too fragile."

"Chat Noir none of us are capable of stopping her." Luka frowned.

"Then we can only be there to try and help her." He said softly.

..~~..

Marinette had successfully entered the Agreste mansion. The kwamis were phasing through walls to check for traps. She remained detransformed so her invulnerability would still work in case the kwamis missed something.

When she managed to use her x-ray vision, she could see the code needed for the portrait of Emily to allow her access to the lair.

When she saw the body of Emily and the butterfly observatory, it was safe to say she was now certain in her suspicion.

She heard the wiring of the elevator descending and she quickly made her escape through the now glassless window.

She used her vision to further examine Emily's body. She wasn't dead... Marinette knew how to heal her.

She zipped back to Adrien and her team as fast as she could.

..~~..

"We can't just let her deal with it alone!" Jon argued, throwing his arms out.

"If shouldn't push boundaries... we barely got her to talk to us again. She's become an established hero now. If we interfere now then we could ruin everything and take the credit from her. She has to do this without us..." Clark said with a slight shaking in his voice.

"You can't be serious!" Konner yelled. "What if she gets hurt!?"

"She won't get hurt... she's trained and has powers now... We can't help. She's up against magic boys. She has a team to back her up. We must have faith." Clark said softly, pacing slowly.

Lois gently held his hand to calm him down.

Both Jon and Konner frowned in disapproval. They looked to eachother and sighed. "Fine..."

They all returned inside, the two boys went to Jon's room. "We're still going to Paris right?" Konner raised an eyebrow.

"Of course." Jon nodded.

..~~..

Lois sat down next to Clark on the sofa and snuggled up to him. "she was right here... she came back... but she's gone again..." she sniffled.

"I know... she was also so angry." He hugged Lois close, gently playing with her hair. "She told me how she was bullied and... well it's horrible... we never noticed." He didn't realise he was crying until Lois gently wiped a tear from his cheek.

Clark broke down, telling Lois everything that Marinette had told him and by the end both of them were trying hard to hold back tears.

"We didn't notice... we were bad parents weren't we...?" Lois squeezed her eyes shut.

"All we can do is work hard to change that..." Clark kissed her head and pulled her close.

Lois looked up at him. "I love you Clark... I'm sorry for making you sleep out here..."

A small smile crept onto Clark's face. "It's okay... I love you too. I love you so much." He rested his forehead against hers.

"I love you so much Smallville" she said once again as she pressed her lips to his.

They knew the love was never gone. But it just hurt to be with eachother in some ways...

It would be okay.

But I repeat... It will take a long while.

Again not proofread
Sorry.
Not sure how I feel bout this chapter but tiz what tiz.