Accidents with nice consequences

Marinette spent the whole Saturday in the middle of nowhere training and testing out powers.  By the end, she was only missing 2 supposed powers to match her dad: x-ray vision and heat vision. She still wasn't all that well trained in reigning them in so she didn't injure people too much... So for the time being she'd have to try and avoid using her powers.

She first realised this when she broke off a chunk of her desk when Lila spewed another lie about her.

It was when she was sitting in class that she discovered one of the remaining powers, she was running on little amount of sleep and her brain power was being drained.

She blinked.

When she opened her eyes, no one had skin.

She screamed and quickly covered her mouth and everyone looked at her.

Adrien, who had finally managed to sit next to her, placed a hand on her shoulder, "you okay?"

She blinked again and his skin was gone and she could see organs. And she blinked again and she was in a room of skeletons.

She stared at him, all words lost as she pointed. "Where the hell is your skin?!" She whispered then put her hand on his head but she could still feel hair.

Adrien blinked and struggled not to burst out laughing as he excused them both from class.

"Mari, I think you just got another power." Some strained laughter slipped out and he covered his mouth.

Marinette deflated and groaned "this is exhausting!" She rubbed her eyes and hesitantly opened them again and relaxed when all of Adrien was in front of her. 

Adrien's laughed burst into a cackle, "My gosh that was hilarious."

"Shut up..." She grumbled. The bell rang and they headed home.

When she did arrive home, she was greeted by a phonecall from Damien. She picked up the video call and set up her phone but she didn't look at him.

"I'm sorry I told them Marinette... I was just worried. You were so hurt and you don't heal with the miracle cure... But I should not have gone to the league. I did not realise they would have gotten your father involved. I am sorry..." Damien apologised sincerely in a soft voice rarely heard from him.

Marinette turned to face him. "I know... I'm sorry too, I know you care and I shouldn't have snapped like that. "

"So... We're in agreement? Forgiven eachother?" He smiled softly.

"Always."

"Perfect."

They continued a conversation like normal, updates on their lives and they studied together for a while.

When Damien suddenly went quiet and started fidgeting Marinette looked up at him in concern. "You okay?"

"Y-yes... Um... Angel, you'd tell me if you..." He paused.

"If I what?" She asked, tilting her head.

"Well if you were in a relationship... Would you tell me?" Damien said quietly.

"A... Romantic relationship?" She flushed red. "W-well yeah of course I would tell you! B-but I'm not! A-and I um don't think I will be any time soon. I don't think the person I like is interested that way" she mumbled, shifting nervously.

"You're interested in someone?" Damien seemed to deflate on the spot.

"W-well sort of but I'm not planning on acting on it... I have a lot of other priorities at this point..." She looked away from him.