Things take time

Marinette hadn't moved from her spot on the roof for almost an hour. Damien has left not long before to call Alfred to say he wasn't going home that night and to then get some food.

Adrien was being rather hostile with the Kents by this point. But he wasn't furious with them or attacking. He knew they felt guilty and that was a step.

Marinette was starting to heal by this point. Not enough to fly but she could probably walk without pain.

Kara had left to go home almost straight after dinner.

Marinette was stirred from her daydreams when she heard some footsteps land. It wasn't Damien, she would have heard him trying to climb up. She glanced over and saw Clark.

"What are you doing here...?" She asked quietly, not looking in his direction again.

Clark sat down next to her. "We missed you so much Marinette... We were idiots... We were so stupid for not noticing you Marinette... I can't even begin to think about how to make it up to you... We love you so much Marinette..."

She didn't say anything for a while, just stayed laid back, watching the birds on the sky and the clouds very slowly move over their heads.

"You don't know half of it..." She said finally.

Clark wasn't sure how to interpret that... "What do you mean?"

She paused again, taking her time to think about it.

"I was being bullied... Pretty badly... They said that there was no way I was a Kent. I didn't fit it with you. They said that I was an orphan you took pitty on. When I tried to fight back... They would pin me down and take turns... You know. I could protect Jon against his bullies but of course I couldn't protect myself..." She clenched her fists. "But you never noticed... How long it took me to get ready. You never noticed when I hobbled into my room, barely able to see straight. I was invisible to you..."

She paused, sitting up slowly.

Clark stared at her in surprise, his eyes beginning to water at the realisation of how much they had let her suffer.

"Damien knew." She smiled to herself. "He knew how much I was hurting here... And he got me out. I am sorry that I hurt you. But I am not sorry that I left. I was miserable here. I'm happier in Paris having to fight a magical madman every day. I get love and protection in Paris... Tom and Sabine are proud of me... They're busy a lot but I come home with a high score and they say that they're proud to have me as their ward. They pin it on the fridge... They've supported me through everything I've wanted to do." She smiled, looking up at the sky. "I didn't get that here..."

"Marinette -" Clark started but Marinette wasn't done.

"I had friends who would protect me against bullies. I had people calling me sister from another mister! Even with Lila now I wouldn't trade what I have for the world. I would never have gotten that here. I wouldn't have been able to bring my fashion dream to fruition. I have a company now! I design for celebrities and bands! I don't regret leaving... And I don't regret not looking back..."

Clark's heart was breaking on the spot.

"But... I can't say that I didn't miss you... Because every day I wished it was you two and Konner and Jon in that bakery... Wishing me luck. Saying you were proud...and it was a pain trying to navigate the powers without you... Kara occasionally helped but she wasn't around enough to make a huge difference... I didn't have everything I wanted though..."

She looked over at him with a sad smile, "I just wanted my family..."

Clark broke at that point, he hugged her close to him and cried. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Marinette. I love you so much."

Marinette took a moment to process, she froze briefly with surprise and awe at his words, his actions. She hadn't had anything like this since before Jon got his powers. She squeezed her eyes tight and hugged him back tightly, savouring every moment. She couldn't forgive him, not yet. It still hurt... But she would try. She wouldn't shut them out anymore.

"I know it will take time... But I will take as much time as you need... I know things can't ever be the same but I promise we will make sure everything will be better. Better than ever. Marinette we missed you so much."

Clark was much larger than marinette, his frame completely circled round her much smaller frame and it made Marinette feel warm...feel safe.

She didn't say anything back, just stayed hugging him tightly. They stayed like that for a while.

..~~..

"So what do we get her?" Konner asked Jon as they walked through the mall in Metropolis.

"Well... She liked pink and she likes fashion... So maybe some pink fabric?" Jon suggested.

"Perfect! But... Where would we find some?" Konner asked.

Jon blinked, "There has to be a fabric shop somewhere in metropolis..."

Konner pulled up his phone and started looking. "Oh I found one! Follow me."

When they finally arrived at the the fabric store they stared in shock at the size and variety. There was silk, satin, Spandex, leathers, cotton, tulle and even different wools and even more!

"Welp... That really narrows down our options..." Konner grumbled.

Jon went over to someone who worked there. "Hello! Do you have any like... Pink material for dresses? I-I'm trying to ge a gift for my sister with my brother."

Konner joined him.

"Well I believe I know what you mean." She hummed and lead them through the store. "Here!"

A full aisle.

There had to be at last 60 shades of pink and around 45 different types of fabric.

"How in the world does all this exist?!" Jon shrieked "How are we meant to pick now!?"

"I'll leave you to it." The worker left them to look around.

Konner looked over at him. "Do you want to just chip in for a new sewing machine...?"

"Yes please."

Again
Apologies for typos or grammar mistakes.
Tiz half 3am right now for me lol and I honestly cannot bring myself to meticulously proof read so you get what you get.