Survive

Clark had headed to the fortress of solitude as soon as he had heard Jon's cries as he flew, contacting Bruce to come with Alfred for medical help as well as taking Lois with him.

Once Marinette was placed down, and Kitsune was satisfied with her position, Clark immediately went to her, wrapping her in his cape too. Her porcelain pale skin made him feel sick to his stomach. He brushed some hair from her face and kissed her forehead with shaking hands.

Lois immediately sat the other side of her, holding onto her hand tightly, whispering rushed reassurances in her ear.

Marinette's eyes cracked open a little, "I did it..." A ghost of a smile crossed her face as she could barely move. "He's gone. Did I make you proud?" She said in such a fragile voice... Clark's heart broke at her asking him for approval like a kid while she's on her deathbed.

"We knew you could do it starlight. Of course we're proud. Save your strength, we'll make sure you live sweetheart, I promise." Lois said quietly, her grip on Marinette's hand impossibly tight for a human.

"We need you two to move so we can assess this." Bruce said gently. Reluctantly, both of her parents inched away, holding tightly to eachother.

Kitsune kept a practiced still face. He'd seen Marinette bad before... He's definitely seen Crimson on her deathbed. But this was the last time. Hawkmoth was gone, there's no telling what could actually happen to her. A part of him hated that he was chosen to join the Superboys and Mari.

"I'm going to get Damien." Jon said abruptly before leaving quickly.

"We can operate. We have to act fast but she'll live." Bruce nodded, digging into a small bag of kryptonite tipped surgical instruments.

"Where is she?! What's happening?" Kara said in a rush as she landed next to her cousin. 

"Sh sh, they're operating. She's going to live but barely..." Clark explained softly.

Jon had returned with Damien. He obviously wasn't happy... "Who's fault was this?!"

Kitsune glanced at the Superboy's, it was so quick normally a person wouldn't notice. Damien did.

"I can't believe you idiots!"

"We wanted to help-"

"And look what that did!"

"Robin! Now is not the time for this. Be quiet until we are done. Please." Bruce said sternly.

Damien grumbled but stopped shouting.

They were there for what felt like hours but was really 30 minutes before Bruce and Alfred stepped back to reveal her fully stitched up.

She still suffered a lot of blood loss. "We need some blood. But... As she's half Kryptonian, I can't just be one of you. Too much Kryptonian blood will overwhelm her, only human won't be enough."

"What about me or Kon?" Jon asked.

"Jon you have a fear of needles. We cannot deal with you feinting." Bruce sighed. He still didn't understand why someone with impenetrable skin was scared of needles. "And Konner's blood type doesn't match due to his DNA from Lex."

Konner grumbled

Lois and Clark stepped forward, sleeves rolled up.

"I'm going to link it so the blood extracted will go directly into her bloodstream." Alfred explained dutifully as he found a vein in each of them and inserted the needle.

The couple nodded.

By the end of it, Marinette was gaining some colour, but she was deathly still.

"It's a miracle she survived." Bruce hummed.