A bit of madness with a few mistakes.

Kara successfully managed to hide Marinette from her cousin, now she just had to lie about why they're there and stall long enough for him to go away.... Much harder than she thought.

"Kara what's going on?" Clark asked, crossing his arms. "I thought you were finding Crimson? Also, how do you know who she is?"

"We don't. We know roughly where she lives... And we're here because...." She hesitated.

Damien piped in from behind, "we saw some croissants up here. They had a sign to take one so we did"

"Yes! Free croissants!"

"You're acting strange... What's really going on?" He frowned.

Marinette but her lip to stop herself making any tiny bit of noise but due to Damien stitching up a very painful wound, it was proving difficult.

"Nothing Kal. Go help the others." Kara tried.

"They don't want my help. Now tell me what you're hiding!" He frowned.

Marinette couldn't help but let out a tiny shriek in pain when Damien had barely finished stitching and was prodding at her wounds to make sure they were stitched properly.

"What was that? Kara move!" Clark demanded.

Kara hesitated before saying anything.

It didn't matter because a blur shot out from behind her and flew off.

Marinette was too weak to fly properly and quickly lost altitude, crashing to the ground.

Kara gasped and flew after her, Clark not far behind.

As soon as they got close, Marinette pulled made sure not to look up and froze the ground around her.

"She's... She's Kryptonian? Who is she?!" Clark yelled at Kara but before she could even try to respond, Marinette had flown back to the balcony, barely able to stand. Her hands were shaking. She couldn't deal with him now...  She leaned on Damien.

"You shouldn't move too much, you're injured badly." He said softly.

"I-I can't get away..." She breathed, trying to control herself.

"Kal wait!" Kara tried to get in his way but wasn't all that successful.

Marinette spun round to face him.

"Who are you!? Why do you have Kryptonian powers?!" He yelled.

Kara and Damian gasped, they couldn't believe that he couldn't even recognize her.

Marinette fumed, clenched her fists, her eyes glowed bright red. She lunged forward and punched him in the chest, causing him to stumble a bit. "Wow... I know it's been a while but I thought you'd at least recognise me dad."

Clark froze and hesitantly reached towards her. "M-marinette?"

"Get away from me!" She screamed at him, unable to control it when her eyes shot lasers at him.

She turned away but couldn't stop them.

"Close your eyes Mari." Kara said softly.

Marinette did as instructed, she stumbled onto Damien, in too much pain to do much at all.

"You've grown so much..." Clark said softly.

"Surprised you would know." She said quietly.

"Marinette... Honey I missed you so much..." Clark whispered.

"Liar... I'm suddenly important to you now that I have powers is that it?" She replied bitterly.

"No! Never! Please... My little crystal... I love you so much." Clark knelt down.

"I wish I could believe that... Now leave. You don't know what you're up against with Hawkmoth..."

Clark stepped back "I ... Okay..." He slowly flew off.

Kara looked between them, feeling highly conflicted. She loved them both, she wanted the damage to be repaired, at least a bit... Her thought process was cut off by a cry from Damien, she looked over to see Marinette passed out in his arms. She checked her pulse,  "slow... Kal! Kal please come back!" She called and superman soon appeared again.

"What's happening - Marinette!" He scooped her up in his arms. "Let's take her to the fortress of solitude, we're better suited to care for her there... Please crystal... Stay with me I just got you back." He brushed some hair from her face.

Kara picked Damien up. And they flew to the fortress as quick as possible, Marinette wrapped in Ckark's cape. When they arrived, Clark placed her down on a slab in the middle of the room, in direct line with the sunlight.

"All we can do is wait..."

..~~..

It had been hours with no movement.

They were all getting restless.

It was at the 7 hour mark when there was finally sign of life.

She stirred a bit, Marinette groaned and sat up. "W-where am I?" She looked around.

"The fortress of solitude..." Clark said softly.

"What about Paris!? The akuma!? I need to get tikki back!" She said quickly, trying to stand but she was still weak.

Clark caught her before she fell. "Woah woah. It's okay. It's been handled... You're still hurt, be careful..."

"I don't take orders from you!" She said tiredly. "B-but I suppose I'm not in too form..." She slowly slackened into him, once again losing consciousness.

"She needs a safe place to recover." Kara frowned.

"Is her home in Paris not safe?" Clark asked in worry.

"Her parents don't know she's Kryptonian... Or know that she's crimson... She won't get any help there." Kara explained, pacing in thought.

"Take her back to the farm." Damien suggested.

Clark looked at him in surprise. "What? B-but-"

"She needs it. She needs you." Damien said sternly.

Clark brought Marinette closer to himself, cradling her gently. "Okay."

So they made their way to the farm.

Lois was making dinner for the two of them. She knew the boys were unlikely to be home. The house always felt cold and empty now... She missed the game nights, the nights that often were filled with 4 player games that Marinette volunteered to sit out of and instead sat and read a book... And the film nights where the boys would race to pick the movie first.

She wouldn't bat an eye. She'd watch whatever they wanted to watch.

Lois found herself crying again, how had she not realised?

She was shaken from her thoughts when she heard a rapid knocking at the door.

She quickly went to open the door and almost broke down at what she saw.

"Let's get her to her room..." Clark said softly, he couldn't help the small smile on his face. They found her. They could protect her and make things right...

Their chances of success may not have been as successful as they would have liked though.