𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗: 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍' 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃.

"This fucking girl, bro," Arion cursed, pushing through crowds of people

"This fucking girl, bro," Arion cursed, pushing through crowds of people. The house was small—cramped and jam packed with people. It was almost eleven P.M. on a Wednesday night when Arion had gotten the call from Khadijah's mother.

"She's gone out again. I'm worried about her. Could you bring her home? Please, Arion?"

Life had changed drastically in the span of a few months. Khadijah took a hit of the blunt that was being passed around the room. She lounged on the lap of some other guy, who wrapped one arm around her waist loosely. She could barely keep her eyes open, just giggled at every word he whispered into her ear.

She knew what she was doing.

Khadijah knew the severity of her situation—of her loose inhibitions—she just couldn't find it in herself to care.

She wanted to feel something. After months of living life in limbo, on edge, Khadijah wanted to feel something.

The alcohol and weed just made her feel good.

She didn't want to think about her mother waiting at home or her father, who she'd been forced to bury when she wasn't ready.

Khadijah wanted to be selfish, which is why when the door to the stranger's bedroom slammed open and Arion's frame was lit loosely by the light out in the hallway, she let out a loud groan.

"Khadijah, get the fuck up, right now," Arion said through gritted teeth, stalking forward into the room. From what Khadijah can make out through her hazy eyes, he's wearing grey sweatpants, dirty sneakers, and a crumpled white shirt—clearly, he'd come here in a rush. Maybe some other time, she'd melt and feel a little impressed, but now—now, she only rolled her eyes, her head lolling against the mystery guy's shoulder.

"No." she murmured.

Arion exhaled slowly, face twisted up in a way that read pain and something else Khadijah couldn't really place. Khadijah's eyes fluttered shut and there was a minute of pause before a gunshot rang out, causing her to yelp in surprise. The guy she was sitting on pushed her off his lap, scrambling out the door with everyone else. Screams and yells surrounded her as Khadijah winced in pain, landing directly on her ass, Arion loomed over her, tucking his knock back into the waistband of his sweatpants, looking exasperated and annoyed.

"Arion, you crazy as hell," Khadijah shook her head, slurring her words a bit.