𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑: 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐒𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒.

The morning after, Khadijah was almost scared to look Arion in the eye

The morning after, Khadijah was almost scared to look Arion in the eye. Both her and Kevin had been forced to sleep on the floor, keeping the garbage bin nearby in case Arion needed to throw up. She was still shaken by the events from last night, so she woke up early, sitting with her back resting against the side of the bed, texting her mom back to let her know she was okay. That Arion was okay.

The low groan Arion emitted caused Khadijah to stiffen. The bed squeaked as he sat up, looking around the room before his eyes rested on her body leaned against the bed.

"Khadijah?" He voiced, throat raspy.

"Hi," she settled on saying, finding the courage to twist her body and look at him properly, "how do you feel?"

"Like shit."

Yeah, he looked like it, too.

"Go shower and stuff, Kevin went to go get food, it's already two P.M.," Khadijah sighed, glancing at her phone again. They lapsed into silence—neither one knowing what to say to the other. Khadijah didn't know how to address the elephant in the room—she didn't know how Arion would react. She didn't want to talk about what she'd seen last night; his behaviour or the amount of pills she had found stashed around Kevin's house. They found almost eight bottles of pills.

She just pretended to be busy with her phone when Arion finally decided to get up from the bed, walking around to get to his dresser, picking out a tracksuit and a shirt before he disappeared into the bathroom that connected to his and Kevin's room. She heard the shower turn on, and Khadijah let out a heavy sigh of relief, letting her head flop back against the bed. Khadijah was exhausted—having stayed up late last night with Kevin watching over Arion and making sure he didn't fucking overdose. Thankfully he didn't, but Khadijah almost went crazy last night with worry. She didn't want to take her eyes off him for a second lest something happened.

"Jah," Arion's voice shattered her inner peace and her head shot up, body tensed. Arion's head poked through the slightly ajar door of the bathroom, and his face scrunched up in confusion at her response. "I just wanted to say I had an extra tooth brush for you." He told her plainly, and Khadijah shook her head slightly, trying to will herself to calm down as she stood up.

"Okay, thanks," she said quietly, padding into the bathroom. Arion backed away, giving her room to stand at the double vanity with him. Khadijah looked around, seeing the bathroom vanity split into two sides—one for Arion and one for Kevin. She accepted the brand new packaged tooth brush from Arion graciously. She'd spent most of the morning just sitting there at the side of the bed, and Kevin had rushed out once he realized she was awake.