𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔: 𝐅𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐄.

"I ain't got no choice in this?" Khadijah asked as Kevin held up another top to her body

"I ain't got no choice in this?" Khadijah asked as Kevin held up another top to her body. He scrunched up his face, internally debating, before he set the hanger holding the top back onto the rack. They'd been walking around the mall for almost two hours now. It'd been almost a month since Kevin and Arion released their song with B-Lovee and that shit was doing numbers. Khadijah followed through with what she said, though—she'd listened to the song all the time. At this point, she could recite the lyrics in her sleep.

Apparently doing numbers also meant putting out a music video to promote that shit even more, and according to Kevin, he wasn't letting her show up in no bum ass outfit to embarrass them.

Honestly, she didn't even know if she wanted to go.

"Bro, shut up, man," Kevin said, kissing his teeth. They were currently in Zara walking around, and she was faintly amused by the way Kevin was unbothered, browsing the women's section with ease. Arion lingered behind them, head in his phone as his fat fingers smacked against the screen repeatedly. "You wanna look good for the video, right? So lemme work."

"Don't have me out there looking like a smooch, Kevin," Khadijah sighed reluctantly, rolling her eyes. She skimmed the racks of clothes herself, tapping Kevin when she spotted something she liked, so he could approve of it. He didn't like any of them really, so Khadijah resigned, and opted to follow Kevin as he walked through the store.

"Nah, never that," Kevin shook his head.

"What's the vibe for the music video, anyway? Who you said was directing it again?"

"Kaiyah, bro—you know her? She Rumi's older cousin. Her work nice as hell, I was surprised when she hit me up the otha' day asking about it."

"It's exposure for her too, so it makes sense—how much streams you got on the song right now?"

"I'on know to be honest, but that shit blew up fast, it's crazy."

"Just direct deposit my royalties into my bank account, that's all I'm saying," Khadijah cheesed happily, making Kevin shake his head at her antics with a small smile.

"You know we got you, Jah, ain't no debate," Kevin reiterated to her, eyes scanning the store once more before he let out a heavy sigh, "let's get the fuck up outta 'hea. Shit's dead."

"Finally! Can we get some fucking food?"

"Aight, bring 'yo ass," Arion said, suddenly slinging her arm around her neck. Khadijah choked slightly from the sudden weight before she relaxed under his hold. "Whatchu wanna eat, ma?"

"You already know," Khadijah smirked. The three walked together to the food court, Khadijah leading them straight to her favourite food spot in the mall, Bourborn St. Grill. She recited her order to Arion who nodded before she walked off to find a table—the mall food court was always packed with people and Khadijah would be damned if she had to eat in Jackie's car. She spotted a young family of four getting up, patiently waiting nearby, before she took a seat at the empty table. She sat down after they'd left, eyes glued to her phone as she looked up outfit inspiration for the music video on Pinterest. It took another fifteen minutes for Kevin and Arion to find her, juggling three white boxes of steaming hot food and drinks. Khadijah set her phone down in excitement, clapping her hands in gratitude as she squirmed in her seat.