Introduction

William's life has always been set out in front of him. He was never allowed to stray away from the path he was set on. The path his parents force him to take.

If he lived the way his parents wanted he'd be dragged into a cold, tired world filled with grief. He didn't want to go to college for business and law. He didn't want to attend law school afterwards.

His dad had strict plans for him. After he finished law school, Liam would become his right hand man. Then, slowly he would take over the law firm.

Liam hated that plan. He didn't want to do it. It's not who he is.

However, voicing these thoughts has only made him the disappointment in his parents' eyes. He makes good grades, he doesn't go out often, he hasn't broken any of their rules, and yet they still look at him like he isn't enough. As long as he acts like he doesn't want to take over the company, he won't be enough.

Now, he's just tired. He's always been tired but this time it's worse than before. His whole body aches with his exhaustion, and his stomach twists with sickness. He fears that if something doesn't change soon, he'll be stuck with this feeling for good.

He sighs loudly while laying on his dark gray duvet that is spread over his bed. Gray, the lifeless color that makes up most of the furniture in his room. Gray, the lifeless color that sometimes he feels is painted on to his soul. 

Tomorrow, he thinks, tomorrow will be different. He'll do something, anything, that's different. He'll make an attempt to be something other than this perfect little rich boy he is forced to play. He'll actually try to make a change.

Even if it's a tiny change, he'll take it. He'll take anything. Anything to try and ease the tiredness resting in his chest. Anything to make it feel like he has at least some control in his life.

He rolls over onto his stomach and buries his face into the light gray pillow. Tonight he'll try to sleep off the exhaustion that makes his bones creek. He knows it won't make it go away but he'll try anyway.

Tomorrow will be different.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

Short because it's just a little introduction into Liam's character. The rest will be actual chapters so they will be longer.