Thirteen

The movie ends in a haze. Liam realizes that for the last bit of it he was focusing more on the whispered conversations around him instead of the movie.

"I didn't realize you two were so close." Izzy whispers to Ember. Liam thinks it's pretty obvious that it's him she's talking about but he doesn't move.

"Yeah, I guess. He's just like Paige to me. They've got really similar personalities so I guess that's what does it." Ember says back, her voice extremely quiet.

"Oh." Izzy nods.

Then a little later Lucas and Chris start whispering about anime. They were talking about how a scene reminded them of an anime. Then Chris said something about a hot character with big tits and Lucas calls him a pig.

When the movie ended Liam hadn't really been paying attention for the last five minutes. H e smiles anyway. It's nice. Being here is nice.

"Let's ride fourwheelers!" Izzy breaks the soft silence and bounces up off the couch. Her hand is still intertwined with Ember's so the brunette girl just has her arm raised to reach out to Izzy's.

Liam sits up off Emmy's thighs so she can stand up like her crush. They stand side by side holding hands and Izzy glares at everyone else.

"Fine, fine." Javi rolls his eyes and stands up as well. Everyone else just follows after them.

They bound out the front door and Liam realizes that everyone here seems to know their way around. They all walk around the house and skip through the backyard gate like it's something they've done a thousand times before.

He's the only one that doesn't know his way around.

Then they're standing back there with two fourwheelers and three dirt bikes and he realizes that's probably another thing he doesn't know. Something they all do know.

Well, shit.

"You know how to ride one of them?" Paige asks. That's when he realizes her and Ian are standing by him, while everyone else is arguing over who gets what to ride on.

"Not a clue. Never even been on one." Liam mumbles back.

"We'll teach you." Iam smiles and cuts in to their conversation. "It's really not all that difficult once you figure it out."

"Hey!" Javi calls at the three of them. "Ian, are you taking a bike?"

"Nah, I get the orange fourwheeler with these two." Ian points his thumb at Paige and Liam.

"Oh sweet." Javi grins. "This one's mine then."

Chris is on one of the dirt bikes and Javi is holding another one. Ember and Izzy are climbing on a big dark green ATV and Lucas is glancing between them and the third dirt bike. Finally he sighs and gets on the ATV with them.

"Poor Lucas. The third bike is off limits because it's Chris's dad's so that means he's stuck with the love birds." Ian chuckles and starts to walk over to the orange ATV. "I'll show you how to drive Li, you'll be a pro in no time."

They get situated on the vehicle. Paige is on the back gripping the bars and Liam is sat on the seat between her and Ian. "Is it even safe to have three people on these things?"

"Probably not." Ian hums. "We do it anyway. Its just like how you're supposed to wear helmets. We go without those too. "

"Of course you do." Liam whispers but Ian hears him and chuckles. 

"Okay, once I start this thing you're gonna have to either scream or talk right in my ear because I won't be able to hear a thing." Ian says and then he's twisting the key and the ATV is roaring to life.