Thirty-six

Three knocks on the window make Liam look up from his homework. He smiles widely, going over to open it. They're supposed to be going on a date tonight so while he waited, Liam dressed in jeans and a light purple shirt. It's plain but he likes it.

Ian slips in and grins back at him, grabbing his hips and pulling him in for a kiss. His fingers hook into the belt loops on Liam's jeans, keeping him close. Liam's hands go up to rest on his shoulders.

"I missed you." Ian mumbles as soon as they pull away. Liam smiles.

"We talked last night." He says but knows it's not the same.

"Over text." Ian deadpans, resting his head on Liam's shoulder. He wraps his arms around Liam's waist and pulls him closer. "I missed this."

Liam reciprocates the hug. His arms wrap around Ian too. "I know. I missed you too."

Ian lifts his head up, smiling at Liam. He leans in close, his mouth rubbing against Liam's lips as he speaks. "I also missed this."

Liam closes his eyes and leans into the kiss. He brings his hand up to fit into Ian's hair. He tangles it around his fingers, giving it an experimental tug. Ian groans after he does so.

They pull away and Liam smiles. "I missed that too."

"Oh yeah?" Ian smirks, leaning in to kiss him softly once more. This one doesn't last as long but Liam enjoys it just as much. "Are you ready to go?"

Liam nods. Ian leads the way out and Liam follows after him. They climb down the tree and Ian connects their hands, running across the yard.

They climb in the car and Liam relaxes into the ever growing familiar passenger seat. He pulls the seatbelt over him and smiles at Ian.

Ian smiles back, leaning over to kiss Liam once again. He pulls back and starts driving. The street lights shine on the sidewalks in the dark.

Ian's hand stretches over and places on the inside of Liam's thigh. Liam smiles to himself, loving the feel of the weight there. It's weird to think but he loves it.

"So, you're sure going to Tangerine's for milkshakes isn't a lame date?" Ian starts. Liam looks over at him with a small smile.

"You're taking me to a cute diner that we went to the first time we ever hung out one-on-one, in the middle of the night so no one else will be there. I don't understand how it can be lame." Liam answers honestly. "If you're really that concerned about it, take me to the park afterwords and we can watch the stars."

Ian smiles widely. "Okay, I think I might just do that."

Liam rolls his eyes but is smiling. He slides his hand over Ian's. He's happy.

"What do you want for your future?" Ian asks thoughtfully, turning a corner. "I don't mean like a job or anything specific, just a general idea.

Liam looks over at him, surprised at the start of conversation. He thinks about it and shrugs.

"I don't know. A happy family, I guess. Maybe a kid or two. I don't care much about all the little details, I just want to be happy. And I want my family to be happy too."

Ian hums, his thumb rubs in a circular motion on Liam's knee under his jeans. Liam looks over to take in Ian. He's wearing dark jeans and a plain white T-shirt. Just like Liam, he dressed plain but in a way that both of them know the other tried to make themselves look a little bit better than usual.

"You?" Liam asks, directing his attention back to the conversation.

"I wanna travel for a little bit. Like, save some money and see the places I've always wanted to. Maybe after a couple trips, settle down then."