Three

"Thank you so much." Paige says as she gets in his car.

She doesn't need to thank him. Paige could call him at one in the morning and be two hours away in need of a ride and he'd still go pick her up. If he's honest, she's probably top on his priority list.

Liam notices goosebumps up her arms and turns the heater up a couple notches. The chilly air outside probably made her cold since she's only in a black T-shirt with the coffeeshop logo on it and green shorts that match the logo that make up her work uniform. She gives him a grateful smile while buckling in.

"I'm really sorry. My mom had a shift tonight and I didn't want to make her use her break to come get me."

"It's okay." He nods in understanding.

She shifts her back pack that's down by her feet over to get more comfortable. Liam drives through the streets without needing to get told where to go. He's had to drive Paige home once or twice before.

"How was Ember's?" Paige asks quietly into the air.

Liam smiles. "Good."

"Really?" She tilts her head over. Her hazle green eyes shine with understanding. Liam notices her blonde hair coming loose in the braid she probably did herself in the breakroom. "You had a good time?"

Liam has always been more honest and open with Paige. She understands him a little more. She always let's him talk about things that are bothering him and is quiet when he needs to time to think. She also understands when he can't talk and just needs quiet. He was honest with her about his feelings with her because she always seems to understand in a way no one else can.

"Yeah." Liam nods. "I was awkward as hell but it was relaxing. Pizza is really good."

That makes Paige laugh quietly. "Yeah, it is."

That was another thing. She didn't judge him for all that he missed out on. The foods that are so normal but he hasn't gotten to try and the movies that he's never even heard of are things people usually don't understand. They just check it off as he's a spoiled rich kid but Paige always just smiles and goes with it. She doesn't make him seem weird for not knowing what those things are like.

"Ian seems nice. So does Chris. I don't know about the Lucas guy though. He's quiet so I don't know if he was just silently judging me the whole time or not." Liam says even if she didn't ask. She doesn't have to ask to get him talking because if he wants to talk about something he will with her. She always listens.

She hums. "Lucas is like that. He sits and just observes everything. He has to be around you a few times before he'll really start talking."

Liam hums and nods. He could understand that. In a way, he's similar to that.

"He's not very judge-y though, so I'm sure he wasn't just sitting there thinking you're weird the whole time."

Liam didn't know what to say to that. He wasn't so sure, but he wouldn't object. Paige always knows better than him on situations like this.

"You gonna be able to start hanging out with us outside of school?" She asks quietly. There's no hope or anything in her voice other than curiosity. She doesn't make it sound like there's a wrong answer.

"Maybe." Liam thinks about it for a couple more seconds. "Yeah, probably."

She smiles. "Good. I think it'll be good for you."

"What do you mean?" Liam glances over at her. She's just smiling softly though, giving nothing away.

"You're anxious all the time, Li. You're always nervous and you don't know how to talk to people. I think maybe being around Ian and his friends sometimes when you're over will help you. I also think it's an opportunity to learn new things. Like today, you had pizza for the first time."