Thirty

(I been waiting for this one.)

The phone chiming makes Liam hop up. He flips over to grab the phone. Sure enough, it's the notification from Ian saying he's out front.

Liam slides on his shoes, already being dressed. He's wearing his light wash jeans and a yellow shirt. The words 'Sugar Daddy' are printed on the front in orange, Ember thought it was the funniest thing ever and made him buy it.

When he opens the window he notices the fact that it's lightly sprinkling outside. He crawls out his window, shutting it behind him due to the rain, and makes his way through the tree. He's slowly getting better at sneaking in and out as he does so more often. He pats his pockets before running across the yard, making sure everything is there. After feeling his keys, wallet, and phone he sprints across the front and to the entrance.

Chris's car is out front. Chris is in the driver's seat with Paige in the passenger seat. She waves at Liam through the window when she sees him. Ember and Ian are in the back, Liam opens up the door and slides in next to Ian.

"Dude, you didn't bring a hoodie?" Ian looks over at him, eyebrows furrowing.

"I didn't know I was supposed to. You wouldn't tell me what we're doing." Liam defends himself. Chris laughs from the front seat.

Ian sighs and starts pulling his black one off. He hands it over to Liam. "Don't say anything, just put it on."

"Fine." Liam sighs too, pulling the fabric over his head as Chris starts to drive. "So what's happening?"

"You don't need to know." Ian smirks, placing his hand on Liam's face to halfway cover the boy's mouth. Liam scrunches his face up. Ian chuckles and takes his hand away.

"We're having a main character moment." Ember says. Her hands both go up in the air and she shakes them enthusiastically.

"That's one way to put it." Paige says, a little smile playing on her face.

"Wha-" Liam's mouth drops. He looks over at Ian in betrayel. "Everyone gets to know but me?"

Ian smiles triumphantly. "Yep."

Liam wonders why everyone but him knows what they're doing. Chris turns on the radio and old rock starts playing through the speakers. Liam doesn't process anything that the man is singing, he's too focused on the sinking feeling in his chest. What if they never liked him and this is all just some way to punk him? What if they're making a fool out of him for giggles?

To his left, out of his sight, Ember elbows her brother. Ian looks over, confused and slightly glaring. She glares right back and nods discreetly to Liam. Ian looks over to see the boy staring down at his lap, his resting expression making him look done with life. Ian doesn't overlook the way he's nibbling on his bottom lip and his fingers are wringing together. Suddenly worry strikes him.

Liam is still lost in his paranoid thoughts when Ian shifts next to him. An arm wraps around his shoulders, pulling him a little closer to Ian. Ian's hand massages Liam's shoulder lightly.

His mind goes black, all his worries from seconds before flying out the window. He practically melts into Ian's side. The boy grins down at him and then turns back to look out the windshield.