twelve

Francesca's pov:

"Bye, honey! We're leaving for the airport now!" my mom shouts from downstairs.

"Bye, love you!" I shout back from my room.

"Love you too!"

As soon as I hear the front door close, I grab my phone and call Nova. The line rings a few times before she finally picks up.

"I am officially home alone!" I yell over the phone, "my family is going on a trip to Boston for my brother's college tour and I decided to stay home, so come over! You can sleepover, by the way."

"Oh my god, yes! I'll get ready right now," Nova says excitedly.

"Also...I may or may not have stolen my brother's secret stash," I smirk.

"Oooh, watchu got?" she asks, a grin evident in her voice.

"Couple grams of bud, some pre-rolls, and edibles," I tell her as I sort through the stash.

"Sick, should I bring my bong?" I hear her shout from across the room.

"Yes, bring the hello kitty one!" I tell her.

"Okay, I'll be over in thirty. See ya!" she says before hanging up the call.

Giggling amongst ourselves, Nova passes me the bong after taking a hit. We've been hotboxing my room for the past half hour or so, getting completely baked and laughing at anything and everything. I turn to look at Nova as her stomach suddenly rumbles loudly, making both of us burst into laughter.

"Dude, I think your stomach wants a snack," I snicker.

"Dude, I think you're right," Nova's zooted ass says back.

We both stand up—well, attempt to—and Nova falls right on her ass. I try my best not to laugh, but fail as I let out a cackle.

"Aw man, now my butt is bruised," she pouts.

"Want me to– get you– an icepack?" I ask her, giggling in between my sentence.

"Please," she says as she now rubs her bruised butt, "and get snacks too, I got the munchies."

"Yes, ma'am," I salute her.

I kick away the towel I had bunched up on the floor to seal the crack underneath my bedroom door before opening the door and walking out of my room. As I'm making my way down the stairs, I hear the doorbell ring. I skip down the rest of the stairs and run over to the front door to see who it is, stumbling a little bit on the way. I unlock the door and swing it open, surprised when I see a familiar teal-haired girl standing on the other side. A smile immediately takes over my face as I'm elated to see my favorite person on my doorstep.

Billie's pov:

As I walk up Francesca's long driveway, I contemplate whether knocking on her door is a good idea or not. What if she doesn't want to see me? I honestly don't know what led me here, I guess my subconscious brought me to her doorstep.

I suck in a deep breath and adjust my clothing before raising my fist and hitting my knuckles against the hardwood door. A couple seconds later, I hear someone shuffling down the stairs and running over to answer the door. The door swings open and I'm met with a zooted Francesca, whose eyes are dimmed and red as fuck.