We've got a case. Anyone surprised? Anybody? (1)

ARU SHAH was not late. Everyone else was just early.

No, no, it's true. The meeting was at 6 A.M, so what was the need to show up 5:15 A.M? So Aru was currently walking to the secret HQ, coffee in hand.

The HQ was in a secret place, since this is a detective agency, and the entrance was moved every month. And she was now trying to find the new one.

There was a library which was owned by one of her best friends, Hira, and the entrances were located in there. That way, if someone who's not from the agency gets too close to it, Hira can call them away.

"Hi, Hira" Aru walked in, taking her sunglasses off. She was pretty famous, unfortunately, since she was the 'Sherlock Holmes of the Era'. "Could I know where the wooden west isle is?"

That was their code. The 'Wooden west isle' was the entrance. It, like the entrance, also changed every month.

"Yep." Hira said. She lowered her voice "science nonfiction area"

"Gotcha"

The library was a bit small and some places would be closed off at times, which is why it wasn't too popular. The closed off sections were where it would be, but more than one would be closed off to confuse people.

She thanked Hira and headed to the science nonfiction bookshelf. It didn't take her too long before the shelf swung sideways, allowing her to see the verification pad. This also had a two-step verification. She had to show both her ID and had to press both her thumbs to open it.

Yep security was that tight around here.

The bookshelf swung more, allowing her to step inside. Other than going here to get to HQ, this place was also Aru's favorite place to be. It was cozy, everything was aesthetically nice to look at, AND there was a self-service drink counter.

In winter, there would be coffee and hot chocolate, which were Aru's favorite drinks. She would sip her hot chocolate while reading a book, sitting on a beanbag near the heater.

But alas, she was a detective, and when business comes knocking, you should know better than to yell 'No one's home!'

And unfortunately, the business was pounding on the door so hard that the door might be rundown. (Eheheh title dropping in another book. Also, you're in for a surprise for the next line)

She entered HQ and walked up to the front desk. She saw her friend Drew typing away at the computer as she sipped her coffee. This was going to be fun.

Aru snuck around the corner and quickly put her hand on his mouth. He jumped and tried to scream.

"Boo" She whispered. He slumped and peeled off her hand.

"Ugh it's you. When are you ever going to stop?"

"The day you can actually fight back"

"I'm the secretary, not the security guard. I'll leave that to them" Drew said, turning to face her.

"I still think you should learn how to use a gun. I can teach you" She offered, checking her phone. 5: 54. She had to go.

"From you? How do I know you won't accidentally shoot me in the process?"

"Um, excuse you, I'm amazing at the gun" She raised her eyebrow. It was true, she was. Her excellent sense of aim and the use of her other senses, she was spectacular at the gun. "But I gotta go. I'll visit you later"

"Oh I'm so lonely. See you, Aru" Drew said in mock sadness.

"Don't even joke, you have friends. Bye, Drew" Aru laughed and then walked to the meeting room.