I can't think straight (11)

"AIDEN, IT'S pointed at us" She had said.

Aiden took a deep breath, trying to think of a plan. "Anything on your mind?"

"I- It's hard to tell for sure, but I'm pretty sure that's reinforcements."

Behind the person, around 4 more people came.

"We could hold off-"

Then another 10 people came. Aru glanced at him, eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, okay, we can't."

"I really don't want to go in here," Aru started, looking somewhere. Aiden followed her line of sight and his eyes widened. "But I think we have no choice."

"Here?" Aiden asked. "Isn't this, like, closed property or something? Are we even allowed?"

"We can say we were being cornered and needed somewhere to hide," Aru said. "It's-"

"Excusable by the law, I know," He said. "But-"

Then the guns started firing.

"Come on!" She hissed and ran inside. He ran after her.

The gunshots followed them all the way inside. Aiden spotted a tray with medical equipment.

"This is a hospital," He said.

"An abandoned one, from the looks of it," Aru replied. "Strange. Why does it feel familiar somehow?"

The gunshots got closer.

"Uh, let's figure that out later. Let's hide," Aiden pleaded.

Then a bullet flew past his ear, barely scraping it.

He turned around quickly, taking his gun out. Aru did too, and while they were talented, they couldn't dodge and fire at the same time.

Aru managed to shoot someone in the stomach and leg, and Aiden got to shoot someone in their arm, but that was all they could do.

"Okay, stick to the plan," Aru told him. "Hide."

"Where?"

"I don't know!" She whisper-yelled. "Follow me."

Aru ran in a direction, Aiden followed. She turned right and Aiden practically fell into a room.

She helped him up and slammed the door shut, trying to jam it.

"Do you...smell that?" He asked.

It was impossible not to. The smell was a strong one, a chemical kind of scent. It forced Aiden to cough.

"I do," Aru nodded, using her hand to cover up her mouth and nose. "This makes it harder to hide in here. Do you wanna find somewhere else?"

Aiden felt weak. His stomach ached faintly and his head started hurting. He fell to the ground. "I honestly don't think I can"

"Shit," Aru cursed. "What do we do?"

"Call for backup," Aiden suggested weakly.

"We can't,"

"The police?"

"We can't trust anyone but the agency!"

"But why not?" Aiden's head hurted even more painfully. "We can't get out of this situation by ourselves."

"But-"

Her sentence was cut short as a loud sound had shut her up.

The sound of the door slamming open.

WAY TOO SHORT I AM SO SORRY.

THIS IS MEANT TO BE A FILLER CHAPTER KIND OF, SO I COULDNT MAKE IT LONGER. BLEH IT PAINS MAKING SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER-

How was it? It'll be another short chapter next week, I am so sorry.

-Loife xx