Can't Stop The Feelinggggg (20)

AIDEN KNOCKED on the door. Brynne yelled, "Come on in!"

Aiden's head swam with emotions.

Her gentle touch. Her voice. The way she looked at me. The way she bandaged it up. Her gentle touch.

"Coming in or not?"

Aiden opened the door. Even if he didn't want to, he'd have to talk about it to someone. And who else if not Brynne?

"Hey. I got you samosas," He set it down on the table. Brynne's apartment was comfortable and always smelled of food.

"Hi. Sit."

He sat down.

"What's up with you?"

"I have something to talk about. What's it like to like someone?"

"Too many likes," Brynne took a bite of her samosa. "I'm going to take that as 'What's it like to love someone'."

Aiden stared straight ahead. "Sure."

"It feels like your body is on fire," Brynne mused. "Like they're the only person that can light up your matchstick. Without even trying."

Brynne picked up another samosa before saying thoughtfully, "But in your case, I think lightning struck on your bad luck and burned it away."

"Lightning, huh?" Aiden replied, looking at his hands.

They sat there for a while before Brynne spoke up. "Aru's never fallen in love, Aiden. She barely opens up. Her mom was barely there all her life, so there hasn't been anyone to tell her what falling in love is like. But...she trusts you, Aiden. She trusts you when she barely tries to trust. And I think that's the best thing you've done for her."

Aiden swallowed. "Why do you think she trusts me?"

"When you're as broken up as her," Brynne put down her samosa. "You only trust the ones who're worth the try. And honestly, to her, most of  the people aren't worth it."

"And how would you know who's worth trusting?"

"You just know," Brynne turned him towards her. "Listen, Aru's had a hard life. Don't you dare think you can hurt her any more than she's already been through because you can't. You physically cannot because she's went through so much and she'll get over you. If you really want my sister, you have to give her the best. And the best is to keep on loving her. Understand?"

"I don't understand," Aiden frowned. "Are you saying I love her...that way?"

"You tell me," Brynne rolled her eyes. "You're born of fire. What does she do to you?"

"She does something," Aiden replied, looking at his hands. "I don't know what."

"Well?"

"I can't afford to love someone, Brynne," Aiden stood up. "Not after what happened to my mom."

"Malini is a queen and she got over it. That asshole is nothing like Aru. Nothing. You knew he was a bad person the moment you knew him. Aru physically can't hurt someone in that way, not when she loves them."

"So you're saying-"

"No! Anyways," Brynne got up. "Thanks for the samosas."

"You didn't even finish it!"

"I will! Anyway, see you around!"

The door shut behind him.

When he left the apartment, the only thing on his mind was a singular thought.

The lightning to my bad luck, Aru shah is my light at the end of the tunnel.

heheheheheehheheheheehehehehehhhehheh

ITS BEEN AWHILE GUUUYYYYS WHATS UPPP

MY EXAMS ARE OVER!! LITERALLY JUMPING IN JOY LOL BUT ITS MIND BOGGLING THAT I JUST FINISHED A GRADE- DAMNNN

I ALSO DONT HAVE SCHOOL UNTIL THE 1ST OF APRIL SOOO. WEEKLY UPDATES! I DONT KNOW IF I CAN PROMISE THAT WHEN SCHOOL STARTS BUT I'LL TRY (I'M GOING TO TRY AND FINISH THIS BOOK IN WEEKLY UPDATES LOL JUST 7 MORE CHAPTERS TO WRITE AND AN EPILOGUE THEN IM DONE. IN TOTAL 10 MORE CHAPTERS TO PUBLISH AND AN EPILOGUE)

ANYWAY HOW WAS THE CHAPTER

-Loife xx