Getting married? Well shit, now I have to work harder (8)

ARU GAZED upon the wonderful skyscrapers that adorned the city. To say at the least, it was...very movie-like.

"This place hasn't changed one bit" She grinned, pulling up her hood and stuffing her hands in her pockets.

"It really hasn't" Aiden agreed. "You've been here before?"

She squinted at him. "I'm not even going to answer that, you could figure it out yourself. It's really not that hard"

"Brynne and detective-ness?"

"See, I told you it wasn't that hard" Aru rolled her eyes. "I know you're not that dumb"

"Guys. Stop bantering" Drew urged. "We literally might get run over by people. This is New York"

"This is a healthy discussion, what do you mean?" She replied. "But you're right. Let's get moving"

"I'm going to Sheela's private base to keep an eye on the cams" Drew told them. "I'm getting a bus there. See ya"

Aru and Aiden nodded in acknowledgment and waved their goodbyes.

"So we're on our own?" Aiden asked, looking down at her.

"We're on our own" She confirmed, taking out her phone. "10 minutes walk. Then we get to our non-dangerous, non-infiltrated hotel"

"Is that foreshadowing?"

"I don't know. Is it?"

"I sure hope not?"

"I mean..." Aru started. "It wouldn't be far fetched, considering they could already be on our trail"

"That's-"

Suddenly, a notification buzzed in Aiden's pocket. It was his office phone and it said 'IMPORTANT MESSAGE' "Check your office phone" he said, probably knowing she had it on silent.

She got it out. "We need to get to the hotel quicker. We can't risk unwanted eyes"

They practically ran to the stay, checked in with their own separate, respective rooms, and then settled in Aiden's to read the message.

"IMPORTANT MESSAGE- We have discovered The Sleeper's activity and have seen he could potentially pose a threat to society. We have decided to reveal that there is an important case that could hurt people and that Aiden Acharya, known as Detective Acharya, and Arundhati Shah, who usually goes by Aru Shah, known as Detective Foudre, are working on the case. We are thinking about their public duo name, as if this investigation goes well, we shall pair them up more often in the future. Suggestions for names and anything else is welcome. That is all. Regards, 

The Otherworld Detective Agency's Council of Guardians" read Aru.

"Wow. That's a lot. And the duo name?" Aiden asked. "Foudre and Acharya?"

"No. Too bland. What's your signature thing?"

"Well. I do have this technique" He suddenly got uncomfortable. "But I don't know if it should be official"

"What is it?"

"It's this thing called smolder" Aiden started. "I, um, use my looks to distract the person and then use the distraction to my advantage"

"Oh?" Aru said. "Okay. Foudre smolder?"

"Lightning Smolder sounds better" He suggested.

"Fine by me"

"Another thing I wanted to ask" He said. "Your name is Arundhati right?"

"Yeah. But I don't like using it"