15

I walked to where the festival was held and anxiously looked around for someone I knew. I turned around and saw Tsireya giggling with Lo'ak. I smirked and walked towards them.

"Oh my gosh, y/n! You look so good!" She said with her mouth wide open and her hand covering it. "Wow, you look- different." Lo'ak jerked, laughing. I shoved his shoulder. Tsireya rolled her eyes at him and took my hand. "Come, let's go find Sayul." She said with an excited tone. I nodded and as Tsireya was leading me to Sayul, I could hear Lo'ak saying; "You guys are really going to just leave me alone like this?"

Aonung's POV

I walked out of my pod all ready for the event and saw Itan getting out of his pod. I furred my eyebrows slightly and went over to him. "Are you going to ask y/n to dance with you?" I asked, walking with him while avoiding his face. "Mm yeah." He responded, looking at the same direction. "Why, do you like her?"
I looked at him like he said something stupid. I scoffed. "No. Why would I?" He thinned his lips, nodding. "I guess I can have her all to myself then." He smirked, walking off. I frowned. Y/n would never fall for that face.

Y/n's POV

"Have you seen your brother?" I asked Sayul. Three seconds past with no answer. I raised an eyebrow and looked at her to see that she was quite busy looking at someone. She was smiling and blushing which made me more curious. I looked at the direction to where she was looking and saw Ro'ite waving at her, smiling from a distance.

"Why don't you go up to him?" I chuckled. She finally looked away from him and looked towards me . "I can't - I don't know how. I mean what would I even say? It would be so awkward." Sayul said with a worried look on her face. I have never seen her like this. "You will be fine - don't think too hard on it and just go." I pushed her to Ro'ites direction, smiling. They looked so cute together.

"Ahem." I heard someone say behind me. I turned around to see Itan as he thinned his lips shyly. "Hey." I smiled. "Hey. What do you think of the festival so far?" He asked. "It's really nice - I haven't been to these kind of things in a long time." I answered. "You look great by the way." He said, tilting his head down to my height. "Thanks. You don't look to bad yourself."
"There is going to be dancing rounds soon. Want to be my first?" He asked, sticking his hand out. I smiled and put my hand on his. "Sure."

Everyone made a big circle to watch people dance. Some stood up and watched while the others sat on sand or logs. I sat on a long log with Tsireya watching people dance. Later on Lo'ak came up to Tsireya, asking her to dance with him and obviously she accepted. I was happy for them , they looked so cute.

Itan came up to me with his hand out again; "The dance you promised me?" I smiled and took his hand. We walked inside the circle and faced each other. Itan took both of my arms and put it on his shoulders as he put his hands on my waist. I couldn't help but to smile back at him. I noticed someone coming to the circle to watch the dance from the corner of my eye. I looked over to see who it was and It was Aonung. He was frowning the whole time while watching the others dance. Maybe I should ask him to dance with me so he wouldn't feel left out.

When the round had finished, I noticed that he was gone. I went after him but got stopped by someone holding my wrist. "Hey, where are you going?" Itan asked. I looked to him and said; "Oh I'm just going to come back, I need to check.. something." That was a really bad excuse. "Well, can I go with you?" He asked again. "No you should stay here and enjoy the festival, I won't take too long." Before he could say anything after that, I walked off.

I looked around but I couldn't find Aonung. I went to his pod to see if he was there but he wasn't. I looked inside the nearby caves - no one. I had one last idea. I clicked for my ilu and went to the cave that Aonung had shown me on my first day here. Once I got there I saw a lonely boy sitting behind a rock, staring at the sky. I walked over and sat next to him.

"Hey." I said. No response. "Why aren't you at the party?" Still no response. I huffed and looked at the sky. "The sky looks beautiful tonight." I said trying to start a conversation. "It looks the same every night." Aonung blurted. I rolled my eyes. Was he serious? "From the forest, it looks so much different. It's also harder to see the sky because of all the tall trees." I said. "That's too bad, forest girl." He sounded so displeased. "Okay are you really going to stay here, being all sad and boring the entire night?" I stood up. He closed his eyes then opened them slowly. "I'm just not in the mood for these stuff right now."

"Can I try lifting up your 'mood'" I asked him. He looked up at me but didn't say anything. "That's a yes." I said, deciding for him. I took his arm and pulled him up. We went on my ilu and swam back to the shore. I held his arm, taking him to the party.
"Okay, now what?" He asked once we got there. "Now we dance." I smiled, taking him to the circle. He didn't say anything after that so I don't think he minded. We danced for a long time and it felt right. Dancing with Itan didn't feel as right as dancing with Aonung.

This is the end for this chapter 🫶🏼🩷
I know that there was a lot of Itan + Y/n scenes together but there will be more Aonung + Y/n scenes in the next chapters ‼️