Chapter 6: Late Night Latte

This chapters songs: no song without you - HONNE, say what's on your mind - slchld and sleep Well - d4vd

Before  he could continue you both instinctively turned your heads to the sound  of a door opening. A waitress holding a tray with two mugs and a plate  walked up to your table, placing them down.

Just like that, the moment was gone. The unsaid question forever lost in the abyss of the unknown.

"Thank you," you and Jack said in unison.

You bit your lip slightly in embarrassment, even Jack seemed a little flustered.

The waitress placed the plate between you both revealing two sugar cookies decorated as cat faces.

"Awww," you cooed again as you saw the cookies.

"Just like your friend there," the waitress smiled, noticing the kitten in Jack's arms.

"He's my new best friend," he proclaimed and the waitress let out a small laugh before checking on the other tables.

You look down into your mug to notice colorful foam coating the steaming drink. It looked comforting and sweet.

"What is it?" You asked him eagerly.

"Late night latte," He answered, "not the best idea now that I think about it but it sounded cool."

"I think it's cool," you offered and he shook his head with a smile.

"I  want to take a sip of mine but I have a cat in my hands. I feel like  it's the rule to not move when a cat cuddles with you." He sounded both  happy and sad.

As if on cue, the kitten shook its head, jumping out of Jack's arms and plopping onto the floor.

"Noooo," Jack said softly with a dramatic frown. "My friend!"

You giggled as you watched the kitten scamper away with its friends.

"He just wants you to take your drink," you replied.

He nodded reluctantly, still with a dramatic pout.

"Here," you offer to cheer him up, "let's try our drinks together."

The idea seemed to intrigue him, although he wasn't actually that sad. Just a little.

You  held the warm mug in your hands delicately, watching his hands  movements as they mimic yours. You admired the deftness of his fingers  as they wrapped around the handle.

   Get it together, y/n!

You studied each other's expression carefully as you brought the  mug to your lips. His eyes were comedically serious as he always tried  to dramaticise things to make you laugh. Well it worked, you bursted out  into a laugh the moment he raised a single eyebrow in question,  breaking your trance.