Chapter 11: The Interrogation

A/N: This chapters songs are Adore You by Harry Styles, this is what falling in love feels like by JVKE and Honeypie by JAWNY. Hope you all enjoy this chapter!

"And then?" Devyn urged on with large, doe-like eyes that were absorbing your every word.

"And then nothing," You shrugged as you kicked your feet against the side of the bed.

She clicked her tongue in disbelief, tilting her head at you to urge you to continue your recollection of the events from earlier.

You had spent the rest of the evening with Jack until he had some errands to run. She didn't need to know about the kissing that happened before the night ended. Afterwards you couldn't sit still so you called Devyn over to chat before bed.

"Okay, and we're actually dating now." You admitted shyly.

"Finally!" She gestured dramatically and you rolled your eyes.

"Enjoying this huh?" You couldn't hold back a little smile.

She nodded, "well, it can get boring around here and it took you long enough! So has he posted about you yet?"

You shook your head, "we haven't told anyone. It's not going to be public," you reaffirmed to her. "Not yet."

"Who decided that?" She asked.

"We did," you scratched the back of your neck nervously.

She mulled over the thought knowing it was a managerial decision rather than a personal one but didn't press the matter.

"So who knows?" She asked and you shrugged again.

"Just you, and whoever Jack told. The set will know soon though," you admitting knowing you were already so close on set. It wasn't hard to tell there was feelings there. "Not that I mind."

She nodded listening along intently before squealing a little, "I'm so happy for you two. I hope everything works out okay,"

"Me too," you smiled at her.

After Devyn left and you crawled under the bedsheets the silence hummed in your eardrums as your mind replayed the events. It felt surreal yet it was real and for the first time in a long time your heart had felt happy that night. Happy and content.

You assumed your thoughts of him would settle down for once but they couldn't. Not with the taste of his lips still lingering on yours. You smiled to yourself under the blanket of darkness, your heart couldn't take the joy.

You were dating but you thought it best to keep it on the down low, at least publicly for now on the advice of Jack's manager and family. That wouldn't stop you from seeing each other though.

You stood side by side in the hallway by your hotel room door before he left that night. You still felt like you were sneaking around, even more so now that you had a bigger secret to share.

"I'll swing by to walk you to set tomorrow morning," he spoke with a proud, confident smile as if he'd been waiting to say those words to you.

"We're taking a bus," you laughed. "But you can walk me there. Bring coffee."

"Wouldn't catch me dead without it," his words were still buzzing in your brain.

The more important part of the memory that stood out to you though was the way he stepped towards you, lifting his hand gently to your cheek in offering. His hand was warm against your face and made your breath catch in your throat. You tilted your face up towards him in acceptance as your lips touched again, sending a flutter of wings through your stomach.