Chapter 7: What if?

This chapters songs: Bloom Later - Jesse, Lavender Kiss - The Licks, Mona Lisa - Dominic Fike

Today, to make things easier you were filming all of the scenes in your apartment together. Which meant, you were going to kiss Jack. Not just kiss him. Make out with him.

So naturally sleep didn't come very easily. Devyn finally picked a day to sleep in which happened to be the worst for you as you paced around your room uneasy. You debated coffee but wondered if that would just make your breath bad... or your body too jittery.

What if he thinks I'm a bad kisser? What if he doesn't like me? What if I do it wrong? Can I do it wrong? What if-

You sighed, rubbing your fingers along your forehead. You catch the gaze of the stack of blueberry pancakes squishmallow looking back at you. Suddenly you were filled with memories of Jack at the arcade walking towards you with a proud look, squishmallow in his hands.

If only I had kept it professional. Yet your heart thudded against your chest and the butterflies now had free roam of your body, waiting to set flight. The clock ticked by and you had no other choice but to go to hair and makeup.

You prayed your makeup artist wouldn't scold you for your eye bags, and you were thankful when they never mentioned them at all. You fiddled with your nails trying to not to chip the black polish while you waited, wondering exactly what Jack was thinking and doing.

Of course he was likely in hair and makeup, oblivious to your world of worries and relaxed as if it was a normal day. Normal hair and makeup as if it were any other day on set. He had needed as much if not more hair care to keep his curls. The same curls that soaked in the moonlight after your coffee date last night. The curls you desperately wanted to get lost in, if you weren't already in some metaphorical way. You did your best to fight the urge to rub your lips together as you already had gloss on.

Your outfit for this morning was, thank god, pyjamas so it was comfortable. You were filming the first kiss between your character and Ethan that happens at their impromptu sleepover to stay safe from the murderers that just so happen to be his father and sister. Your character didn't know that yet though.

You stepped into the place that was to be yours and Anika's apartment, looking around at the horror movie posters on your side and Instagram models on hers. The windows were covered to simulate the darkness of nighttime despite it being early in the morning. It was too early to operate yet you did your best as your eyes glossed over the unmade bed.

"Y/n, y/n, y/n!" You recognized the voice from behind you instantly. He spoke in quick succession, clearly excited.

"What, what, what?" You asked as you turned around.

His brown eyes glowed as they met yours. The way he looked at you made your morning unease melt off your body, revealing a smile upon your lips. He was happy and eager, it made you forget everything else. You couldn't help it, not when he looked at you like that.

"I found the best spot ever!" he fanned his hands out dramatically.

"Good morning, Jack." You smiled and resisted the urge to bite your lip. "Better than an arcade and a cat cafe?"

"Uh-huh, way cooler. I think you'll like it anyways," He seemed a little shy after speaking as if embarrassed. "This evening you gotta come check it out."

"Okay, okay!" You yielded grinning widely at him. So this is what he's been thinking about all morning and night.

He seemed satisfied with your answer "you won't regret it."