Chapter 10: Oel ngati kameie

A/N: This chapters songs are: OK by Wallows, SUMMER by BROCKHAMPTON and Die For You by The Weeknd. Sorry for the wait my friends, I'm back and feeling well! <3 love you all

"Jack," a crew member interrupted and your heart pounded in your chest. "We need you on set for some Ethan scenes."

Jack muttered something under his breath but nodded to the crew member politely. He ran a hand through his curls before looking at you with a soft expression.

"Will you wait for me?" he asked, his eyes darting between yours urgently. "Sunset I'll be there, same time as yesterday."

You reluctantly nodded, "I'll be there."

Waiting wasn't your strongest trait, that's for sure. Thankfully you hadn't had to face him though, as soon as you finished filming your solo scenes you were allowed to leave for the day. Not that being in your hotel room with the Squishmallow staring back at you helped any.

Instead of pacing around your hotel room which now felt small and cramped, you decided to make your way to the rooftop. You grabbed your earbuds and wrapped a sweater around your waist before embarking out.

Once you pushed the heavy metal door open you realised the sun was already dangerously close to setting. Today you hadn't had the blanket Jack brought so you sat on your hoodie, feeling chills crawl up your skin despite the warm sun. You had been so nervous you couldn't think about anything else, only your music could help bring some distraction. The view was gorgeous though with the oranges and yellow.

The music flowed through your body as you wondered what Jack had to say to you. The sun setting couldn't help but feel like an hourglass slowly ticking away until you would find out.

Surely it could only be a confirmation of what you were afraid of, right? That he hadn't felt the same way and wanted you to back off. Your heart ached as you stretched your feet out against the cement floor.

"Hey," a voice said from behind you that could only be him.

You turned, a little startled as your music was too loud to hear the metal door opening. You hauled an earbud out so you could hear him, leaving the other one in so you could also have the music to soothe your nerves.

"Hey," you pressed your lips together in a forced smile.

You could only hold his worried gaze for a moment before bringing your eyes back down to your shoes.

"Mind if I sit?"

You nodded despite not looking up at him. He was so polite, just as Ethan had been. But that was just acting.

You sat in silence for the first couple of minutes, thoughts buzzing in your skull. The only sound was the soft music playing in your ear buds.

You were nervous about what he had to say. Surely it was about the events of last night and ignoring him today didn't help things. You couldn't help it, it was hard to forget you weren't supposed to be in love with him when you were around him. His smile, his curls, his brown eyes... The combination was intoxicating especially for the butterflies inside your chest.

Now though, those joyful brown eyes were instead filled with sorrow and worry. It pained you to see him this way, but your heart couldn't handle being around him and realising he couldn't really be yours.

"I'm sorry about yesterday," you sighed looking up at the sky searching for the stars that you couldn't see past the smog. Somehow you managed to push yourself to make eye contact. "I let my emotions get the best of me. It wasn't... professional."