Chapter 28: Interval 06-Keegan

Scene for Kingdom Hearts: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Inside the APC, Stokes, Keegan, Becket, Riku, Sora, Kairi, Ruby, Koga, and Jaune are watching the video that Snake Fist has sent them before he was killed. He's telling them what has happened to them, that Alma is trying to get Becket and Koga. 

Snake Fist on monitor: I'll skip the metaphysics and try to keep this as simple as possible. Sgt. Becket, and Koga, Genevieve Aristide did some nasty things to you both back at that medical facility. First came the gene splicing operation to link you both to Alma, like Sora, Kairi, and Ruby. Then she tricked you two into getting into the telesthetic attunement chamber, which strengthened the link. That's why Alma's aware of you. And why you're both totally pooch-screwed unless you can destroy her. Which brings me to the telesthetic amplifier on Still Island. You're both not psychically potent enough to resist Alma, so we're going to plug you both into a device that will crank up your brain waves. Sadly, the only device that has enough juice for the job is on Still Island, hidden inside the old nuclear reactor. 

Suddenly, he stops, and looks around. It shows that he's in a restroom, on one of the stalls. He steps on it, keeping his feet up, and telling them to keep quiet. After that, he comes back to show them more. 

Snake Fist on monitor: My belief is that the amplifier will theoretically make you both powerful enough to defeat Alma in a battle of wills. I say "Theoretically" because my data on Alma is a little sketchy at this point, but the odds are better than even that when somebody's head explodes, it'll be hers and not yours.

Strokes: (Turns off monitor, and looks at everyone) Seems pretty straightforward. Find the psychic amplifier, plug both Becket and Koga into it, flip the switch, and Alma's history. 

Koga: Heck, yeah! 

Manny: So, Still Island, huh? I thought they shut the reactor down like 30 or 40 years ago. 

Keegan: (To Becket) That must've been when Armacham moved in. 

Sora: Man. Armacham sure owned this city a lot. 

Becket: Yeah. And believe me, they owned half of it. I guess the reactor is the one they wanted us to believe was still abandoned. 

Strokes: According to Snake Fist's data, it's the main testing area for Project Origin. (To Manny) How far out are we, Manny? 

Manny: 15 minutes if the roads are clear. Holy crap!!!

Just then, the APC gets hit all around. Everyone gets shaken up, flying around. Becket lands on Keegan, and Strokes lands on the floor by Manny. Sora and his friends land on the floor. Keegan pushes Becket off of him. 

Manny: Where did you come from? 

Strokes: Manny, what the heck is going on?! 

Manny: Sorry lieutenant, looks like we really stepped in the crap here. 

Riku: What is it?!

Manny: We have enemy tar...

Another blast hits the APC again. 

Manny: Heh, multiple enemy targets bearing down on our position. Looks like Replica and Heartless...and they're ticked! 

A fire erupts by Keegan and Ruby. They both gasp, and step on it to put it out. 

Strokes: Sergeant, get us out of here! 

Manny: We don't have a lot of options! (Looks ahead) Wait, wait...up ahead. Oh man, I don't know...

Strokes: What?!

Manny: You better grab hold of something. I've got an idea! 

Keegan: Whoa, whoa... What is that supposed to mean?!