Chapter 39: Omaha Beach

Scene for Kingdom Hearts: Saving Private Ryan

June 6, 1944. Dog Green Sector, Omaha Beach. 

Sora is with his friends, and they're wearing their uniforms and helmets. They're in a Higgins Boat with other soldiers. The waters crash onto the sides as the boats go forward. Sora's hands shake, and he takes out a canteen, and drinks the water. He sighs, and looks at his friends. Kairi holds his hand, and Riku gives him a look. Everyone else is looks ahead, as they're getting closer to shore. Jaune groans, and vomits on the ground. Jeremy tries to hold it in, but can't, and vomits too. Aelita pats his back. The driver of the boat calls out to them. 

Driver: Clear the ramp! 30 seconds! God be with you!

Sora: Alright, listen up. Port side, stick. Starboard side, stick. Move fast and clear those murder holes. 

Riku: I want to see plenty of beach between men and women. Five men is a juicy opportunity. One man's a waste of ammo. 

Sora: Keep the sand out of your weapons. Keep those actions clear. I'll see you all on the beach. 

The heroes and soldiers heard him, and keep their eyes ready. A shell explodes in the water beside them. Water rains on them. Explosions erupt everywhere. Goofy covers his head as holds his weapon. Kai flinches as more water comes down on them. Ren and Nora stand ready, but look nervous. Penny silently prays, and Winter and Weiss look at each other, and hold hands. Yuu then kisses his cross for luck as the engine throttles down, meaning that they've made it to shore. The driver then blows the whistle as he opens the ramp. 

Driver: Open murder holes!

The ramp opens up, but before the soldiers in front could get out, they get shot up. The Germans are firing at them from the bunker. 

Sora: Guys, jump over the side! Hurry!

The heroes and soldiers jump over to the side to get out of the line of fire. They crash down into the water. Bullets hiss as they shoot through the water. The heroes all struggle to get the heavy equipment off them before they drown. Two soldiers in the water get shot, and they die as blood stains the water. Sora grabs Kairi and Riku, and pulls them out as they struggle to get to shore. The battle has started. Bullets ring on obstacles as they hit them. The three heroes see soldiers trying to get to shore too as others are hiding behind cover behind the obstacles. Jaune, Ruby, Donald, Kai, Momo, and Yuu meet up with them. Kai fires at the bunker, trying to get the Germans. The men are all shouting and screaming as the air is full of gunfire. Then, meeting up with them is Private First Class Miranda Ryan. She swims towards them, and Ruby sees her. She helps her get to shore. More soldiers get gunned down by the machine guns in the bunkers. Explosions erupt on the battlefield. More men on Higgins Boats arrive to drop off more men, but they're getting gunned down before they could get out. The men are also using the bodies for cover, knowing that there's nothing more they can do for their fallen troops. A explosion erupts behind the heroes. They all duck down into the water. They're now crawling to shore. Then, they meet up with Captain Miller beside them. Sora looks around as the sound fades. He sees a young soldier whimpering while hiding behind an obstacle. Bullets hit dirt around him, and he covers himself. More troops join him as he continues whimpering. Sora then spots a soldier with a flame thrower. Two soldiers are behind him. Then, a gunshot hits the tank, making it explode on the soldier, causing a fiery blast, killing him and the two soldiers. Then, a explosion erupts, and blood spills on Sora and his friends. Sora pants as he continues looking around. A soldier with his right arm blown off is looking around. He then picks up his blown off arm, and runs off to find cover. Sora then looks to his left, and sees a Higgins boat on fire, and the men on board are on fire. They're all screaming, and running around before going into the water to get the fire out. The other troops run in to help them. Sora sees that a lot of men are dying. They have to do something about this before they lose too many men. He looks down, and sees his helmet. He picks it up, and puts it on. He continues panting as the sound still fades. He looks ahead, and sees Miranda looking at him. She says something, but it's inaudible. He shakes his head, and the sound comes back.