Y/N Granger - Mattheo's POV

I was sitting in my room, studying some new curses that I found in some old books in my father's library, when I heard a knock on my door. 'Come in.' I responded to the knock. Our house elf slowly opened the door and looked at the ground while talking. 'Master, the Dark Lord has requested you to come to his office.' 'Okay. Tell him I'll be right there.' 'Ofcourse, sir.' The house elf closed the door again and I put away my books before walking out of my room and down the stairs. I stopped in front of my father's office and took a deep breath. It can either be a good thing that my father has requested me to come to his office or it can be a terrible thing. I just hope that he's in a good mood today. 

I knocked on the door and waited for him to tell me to enter. 'Good afternoon, father.' I started. 'Mattheo, sit down.' My father said curt. I still had no idea if he was in a good mood or not, so I sat down as fast as I could. 'I have a task for you.' My father started before I could look up at him from my chair. 'What kind of task?' 'I need you to go to Hogwarts and retrieve something.' 'Hogwarts? I thought you hated that school?' 'Are you questioning me son?' 'No, ofcourse not father.' 'Good. Now as I said. I need you to go to Hogwarts to retrieve something for me.' 'What do you need me to retrieve?' 'I need one of the Granger twins.' 'Which one?' 'Y/N Granger. She is the strongest and brightest witch at the school, but has always lived in her sisters shadow. Everyone ignores her and acts like she's a nobody, while they adore her sister like she's the chosen one. Next to that, she's a Slytherin, which makes her affiliated with some of our upcoming deatheaters already and she's terribly insecure about her abilities, which makes it so you could easily persuade her into chosing our side, instead of her sister's.' 'How do you want me to do that, father?' 'You're leaving for Hogwarts the first of september and you'll try to become as close to her as you can. Next you're going to turn her over to our side and return home with her. You'll have the whole schoolyear to make sure she gets to our side, so don't ruin our chances by going too fast. But, keep in mind that the quicker she's on our side, the quicker you can get out of that hellhole of a school again.' 'Okay. And what happens if it won't work?' 'You're going to make sure it works, otherwise that girl won't see her sixth and seventh year of Hogwarts. Now, leave my office and get ready to leave, because you're leaving in less than a week.' 'Yes, father.' 

I left his office and went outside instead of towards my room. I needed to think of a plan to execute my father's task. I didn't agree with most of his tasks and I didn't agree with this one either. Because, somewhere at Hogwarts is a girl who isn't expecting anything to happen and at the end of the year, she is either going to be a deatheater who has betrayed her sister or she's going to be dead. And it will all be my fault. But, they're my father's wishes and I don't want to have a death on my conscience, so I guess I'm going to have to convince her to join my father's side. I just have to find out how I'm going to do that. I think I have to just get close enough that she'll trust me more than her own sister. Which is not going to be easy if she's just as loyal to her sister as I am to my father. However, my father said that's she has always lived in the shadows of her sister, so maybe this will be easier than I can ever dream. I just have to wait and find out. 

After I thought about my plan for about an hour, I went back inside. I had to study some materials that I let our house elf get for me. It was all about Hogwarts and possible secret passageways I could use, while I'm there. Next to that, I had let our house elf find as much books as he could on all the information that had been taught at Hogwarts during the first four years, that I did not attend. That way, I would not have missed any information and I can attend without a disadvantage.

Over the next week, I read everything I could read to prepare myself for my new task. I packed my bags and was now on my way to Hogwarts. For some weird reason, everyone needs to use the Hogwarts Express to go to Hogwarts, so here I am walking through Kings Cross station on my way to Platform 9 3/4. I met up with Theodore Nott just outside of the trainstation and have been talking to him about my task. Theo is a good friend of mine, who I have met through his parents. His parents are deatheaters that work closely with my father. One time, years ago, they brought Theo over to meet me and ever since then, we became friends. 'So, you're here just for a task?' He asked me once I told him why I would be joining Hogwarts. 'Yes, I am.' 'What kind of task?' 'I have to get someone to join my father's side. He said she's the brightest and strongest witch of her age and very easy to influence.' 'Who are you talking about? You're not talking about Y/N Granger are you?' 'You know her, Theo?' 'Yes, she is one of my friends.' 'Good, so you can introduce her to me?' I asked knowing that Theo would not go along with the task as easy as I wanted him to. 'No. You are not going to make Y/N join your father's side. I won't let you. She's a kindhearted person, not a cold-hearted person who would do the horrible stuff your father would want her to do.' Theo had stopped walking to lecture me. It's not the first time he has been against one of the tasks my father has given me, but in the end Theo always went along. Because, even he knows how my father is when I don't finish the tasks he gives me. I turned around to look at Theo. 'Theo, you know I have to do this.' 'Why? What does he want with Y/N? Why her?' 'He thinks she will give him a good advantage in the war he wants to start. He says she is the strongest witch of her age, even stronger than her sister. Next to that, he told me that she has always lived in her sister's shadow, so she would easily be persuaded to join the darkside.' 'What will happen if you don't do this? Because, I know that you don't want to wish the deatheater life on anyone, especially not on someone like Y/N.' I kept quite. How could I tell Theo, that if I don't execute this task, my father will kill his friend? 'Mattheo, tell me. What will happen if you don't do this? What will your father do?' 'He will kill her.' 'No... you're lying. Mattheo, tell me you're lying.' Theo was getting nervous at the thought of his friend dying. 'I can't tell you that Theo.' 'Why would he want to kill her? She hasn't done anything wrong.' I could hear the emotion in Theo's voice. 'My father is scared that she will join her sister's side, if she doesn't join his side. And the Granger twins together will be too strong. So, the only ways to avoid the risk of them joining sides, is to either get her on his side first or to kill her.' 'If you get her on his side... could you promise me to keep her safe?' Theo asked me. 'Ofcourse, Theo. I promise.' It's the least I could do for Theo. 'Thank you.'

Theo and I started walking again and soon got onto the train. We walked into one of the compartments, where some of his friends were already sitting. 'Mattheo, meet Pansy Parkinson, Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini. Fellow Slytherins and my friends. Everyone, this is Mattheo.' 'Nice to meet you Mattheo...' The brown haired girl, I guess Pansy, responded trying to hint on me giving her my last name. 'Mattheo Riddle, son of the Dark Lord.' I had read Pansy's mind to see that she already had her suspicions that Riddle was my last name. I recognized her last name too. The Parkinsons were deatheaters, just like the Malfoys and the Notts. 'How is your father doing, Mattheo?' The white-haired guy, presumably Draco Malfoy, asked like he had known me for years. That's the most annoying thing about the Malfoys, especially about Lucius Malfoy, Draco's father. They would do anything my father asked them to, even lick the bottom of his shoes if he asked, and in return pretend to the outside world that they were my father's best friends. It's pathetic. I glared over at Draco and answered with a curt 'fine', before sitting down.

Once I sat down next to Theo, I started waiting for Y/N. The only girl in this compartment was Pansy and Y/N was supposedly best friends with her, so it wouldn't take long for Y/N to enter. After only a couple minutes a girl, looking like the pictures I had seen of Y/N, entered the compartment. Pansy noticed, jumped up and started bombarding her with questions about her summer. No one had said her name yet, but I guessed it would be Y/N by Pansy enthusiasm. And I found out I was right, once Y/N held out her hand and introduced herself to me. 'Hi, I don't think we have met before. My name is Y/N Granger.' I shook her hand and looked up at her. 'Y/N Granger... Nice to meet you.' Finally. 'My name is Mattheo.' I added. 'Nice to meet you Mattheo...?' Y/N ended my name with a question, hoping to find out my last name. Just like Pansy did. 'Riddle. Mattheo Riddle.' I gave a small smirk, when I read what she was thinking after I said my name. 'Riddle? His name is Riddle? That can't be family of Tom Riddle, as in Voldemort, right? No, it can't, he doesn't have any children or siblings, does he? I have never read anything about it, so I'm sure I heard it wrong.' Aparently she did some research on my father, just like her sister would do. But, she didn't do her research well enough, because her research is wrong. My father does have a child and it is me. So, I gave her the satisfaction of finding that information out, probably before her sister even knows. 'Yes, as in Tom Riddle. He is my father. He kept me quite a secret uptil now.' I said after she was still thinking of all the possible ways she must have misheard my name. 'It's nice to meet you, Mattheo.' She said just before she sat down opposite me. 

Once she was sat down, Y/N was once again bombarded with questions by Pansy. While she answered and afterwards listened to Pansy's "incredible" vacation, I tried to go inside her mind to find as much information on her as I could. However, as easy as it was to read her active thoughts, it was impossible to go through her memories. I normally don't have any problems going inside anyone's mind, but with her's... It's as if she has her memories locked from any outsiders, without her knowing it. She doesn't even realize how much she's protecting her mind from others entering it. It's like it comes naturally to her. Is she an Occlumens? And could she maybe be a Legilimens as well? 'Can I help you?' My thoughts got interupted by Y/N, who had noticed I was staring at her while trying to go through her memories. I didn't know what to say, so I just kept quiet. 'No? Then can you please stop staring me down? Thank you.' I got a bit taken aback by her directness. From what I heard from my father, I thought that Y/N would be a quiet girl who wouldn't talk back at all, but I guess she has some feistiness to her. I like that.