First Date

After breakfast I went to my first class of the day, care of magical creatures, together with Pansy. 'Pansy? Did Mattheo ask you if I had plans after class today?' I whispered to Pansy. who was standing next to me in class. 'Yes. He said he wanted to hang out with you and needed to know if you already had plans.' 'Why didn't you give me a headsup?' 'Because, you would be stressing about what the plans would be and how you needed to prepare for it.' 'I'm still doing that.' 'Yeah, but now you're not stressing for four days, just since breakfast, babe.' 'You've known this for four days?!' 'Yes.' 'PANSY!' 'Sorry, not sorry, babe.' Pansy said while laughing. She has known for four days that Mattheo wanted to hang out with me today and she hadn't said a word. If I didn't love her so much, I would have dumped her as my friend. I'm kidding, ofcourse. She was telling the truth. I would have been stressing about this afternoon for all of those days if she had told me before. So, I'm secretely glad she didn't tell me before. But, now I only have a couple hours to think about what I'm going to wear and to worry about where we'll be going. 'Could you tell me what the name of this magical creature is, miss Y/N Granger?' Shoot, what did Hagrid ask me? I was not paying attention at all. 'Hmmm... sorry, what was the question?' I asked carefully. Hagrid doesn't get mad easily, but I didn't want him to feel bad, because I wasn't listening to him. Hagrid is one of my favourite professors/staff members at Hogwarts, so I would never want to make him feel bad. 'I asked if you knew what the name of this magical creature is, Y/N.' 'Oh, that's a Phoenix.' 'Good. And can you tell me about what makes a Phoenix special?' 'Yes, ofcourse professor. For one, Phoenixes are incredibly beautiful in my opinion. But, their tears also have incredible healing powers. Next to that, a Phoenix is immortal, which is shown, by the fact that one day they burn up and turn into ashes, to then be reborn out of those ashes.' 'Really good, miss Granger.' Hagrid gave me a smile before moving on with the rest of his class. 'Nice save, Y/N.' Pansy whispered in my ear. 'Thanks.' I said with a small chuckle. 

The rest of Hagrid's class, I paid as much attention as I could and the same went for the rest of my classes. Which meant that I almost forgot about Mattheo picking me up after all of my classes. Almost, but not completely, because right as my last class ended, I remembered that I still needed to think about what to wear. So, the minute class finished, I ran towards my dormroom and over to my closet. Since I didn't know, where we were going, I decided to wear my favourite, high-waisted, black jeans. On top I was doubting between two shirts, but in the end I decided to go with a cute darkgreen, off-the-shoulder long-sleeve and some gold necklaces. Right as I was about to put on some sneakers, someone knocked on my door. 'One moment.' I yelled, while I tried not to trip over my sneakers before walking towards the door. I opened it and there he was, waiting for me, Mattheo. 'Hi.' I said with a smile. 'Hi, love. You look amazing.' 'Thank you.' I said while I felt my cheeks heat up with blush. 'Are you ready?' 'I just need to put on my shoes and then we can go. You can come in if you want?' I walked back over to my bed and Mattheo followed and sat down at my desk. 'So... where are we going Mattheo?' I asked, while tying my shoes. 'That's a surprise.' 'Come on, not one hint?' 'No.' 'Please?' I almost started begging him. I really wanted to know where we were going. 'Nope. You'll see in a little bit.' 'Fine.' I said with a sigh. 'Come on, love. Let's go.' 

After leaving my room, Mattheo and I went on a walk to Hogsmeade. Once we got there he took me to the egde of the town, where there was a tiny hidden bookshop. It was different from the main bookshop Flourish and Blotts. It was cozy and it smelled like old books and... somehow like stories as well. It was kinda weird, but incredibly interesting. I was looking at the bookshelves in awe, when Mattheo pulled me out of my thoughts. 'Do you like it?' 'Like it? I love it. How did you find this place, Mattheo?' 'I came with my father on one of his "worktrips" once, he was meeting with a deatheater, and he left me in Hogsmeade while he met up with the guy. I ended up walking around for a while not really knowing what to do, when I noticed Thomas walking into the store. He pulled my attention towards the sign outside and for some reason I knew I had to check out where he was going. I followed him inside and found this amazing bookshop.' 'Who's Thomas?' 'This is Thomas.' Right as Mattheo said that, this little old man came walking from the back towards the counter while sorting the books he held in his hands. 'Hello, Mattheo. How are you doing today?' 'I'm doing alright, Thomas. How are you doing?' Thomas had not looked up yet, while talking and sorting the books. However, he somehow knew it was Mattheo in the store and not some other customer, without even seeing him. 'I'm doing just fine.' Thomas responded, before he looked up at me. 'I see you brought a lady with you today.' Thomas said once he noticed me. 'I sure did. Thomas, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Thomas, the owner of the shop.' 'Nice to meet you, Thomas.' I said. 'Likewise.' Thomas responded. 'Are you looking for something specific today, Mattheo?' Thomas redirected his attention to Mattheo. 'No, I just wanted to show Y/N your beautiful shop.' 'Well, go ahead. You know where to find everything. If I can help with anything just let me know.' 'Will do, Thomas.' Mattheo ended his conversation with Thomas and turned back to me. 'Well, show me where to find the best books.' I said with a smile. Mattheo grabbed my hand and pulled me with him zigzagging through stacks of books while telling me all about the different kinds of books they have. After about ten minutes of rambling, Mattheo stopped and looked at me. I was smiling at him while simultaneously listening to him. 'What's wrong? Have I been talking too much? Yes I have. You're bored aren't you?' 'Mattheo! I am smiling at you, because I love how you're getting so enthusiastic about books. It's cute.' 'I'm not cute, love.' Mattheo tried to sound macho and tough, but he's never going to be able to make me forget how he just rambled on about all of his favourite books. 'Sure you're not.' I let out a small laugh. 'Are you laughing at me?' 'I wouldn't dare, Mattheo.' I laughed a bit more and Mattheo soon joined. 'So, what books do you love to read the most?' I asked Mattheo after our laughs quieted down. He ended up starting to ramble on again and I just enjoyed the moment.