Bonus chapter: First time at Hogwarts

When I woke up this morning, I thought today would be just like any other day, but it was anything but. I just got woken up by an exited Hermione who was talking all about two letters that were delivered for us. 'What are you talking about 'Mione?' I asked groggily. 'There are two letters downstairs in the kitchen for us and they have these beautiful seals on the back with the name Hogwarts on it. Do you know what that is?' I had no idea what she was talking about. 'No, do you?' 'No, I have never heard of Hogwarts, I hoped you might've. But, come on. I'm curious to see what's in them.' I almost got pulled out of bed by Hermione and together we walked down the stairs. Because of all her enthusiasm, I got excited as well. What was this going to be about? When we walked through the kitchendoor I could see the letters already laying on the table ready for us to open. My parents were sitting at that same table waiting for us. They probably told Hermione to get me, so we could open the letters together. 'Goodmorning, Y/N.' Both of my parents said. 'Goodmorning.' I responded with also giving each of my parents a hug. 'Can we finally open the letters?' Hermione asked my mom and dad. 'Yes, honey, go ahead.' My father said. Hermione and I grabbed our own letters and started opening them.

Dear miss Y/N Granger,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

That's how my letter started. What?! School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? How is that possible? Is this a joke? Witches don't exist right? And I'm not one, am I? I looked over at Hermione who had probably read the same thing and was just as confused as I was. 'This is not real right?' I asked confused. 'I think it is, Y/N.' Hermione answered. We kept on reading and it told us about how we were witches and we would be attending Hogwarts for the next seven years. We would go there by train leaving the 1st of september at 11 am from Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross station and that we needed to buy our schoolitems at a street named Diagon Alley. The letter gave us directions on how to get to Diagon Alley and what to buy exactly. 'What do the letters say?' My mother asked us after Hermione and I both finished. 'Uhh...' Hermione started. 'It says, that we're... witches... like real witches.' I said it hesistantly not knowing how my parents would react. 'You don't say. That's wonderful.' My mother responded. 'What? You're not weirded out by this?' I asked her confused. 'No, your mother and I always had our suspisions something might be up with you girls. Ever since you were babies strange things would happen around you girls. Sometimes doors would open out of nowhere and other times things would start levitating. So, it doesn't really surprise us that you are witches.' My father answered. I turned towards Hermione. 'Oh my god, Hermione. We are witches.' After what my father said it dawned on me, that we really are witches. 'This is really strange, but so cool!' Hermione said. I couldn't believe it; Hermione and I are witches. 

The next two weeks we let everything dawn on us and we spend some more time with our parents, before we had to start preparing for Hogwarts. But, today was the day, we started preparing and so we went to Diagon Alley. I had no idea what I could expect, but this wasn't it. It was a long street filled with all kinds of shops. From shops where you could by animals, such as cats, toads and owls, to shops where you could buy cauldrons and wands. It was unlike anything I had ever seen. It was amazing. There were children from all ages running around with their parents. Kids, around the same age as Hermione and I, who were choosing a wand at a shop named 'Ollivanders' and others a couple years older than us buying their books at a store named 'Flourish and Blotts'. 

According to the list that was attached to the letter, we needed to buy a lot of stuff today. So, we went on our way to Ollivanders to buy our wands, we bought our books at Flourish and Blotts and bought our uniforms and robes. Our last stop was a shop name 'Magical Menagerie'. Here we could buy our pets. Hermione and I used to have a cat back home, but it had passed away a couple years ago. Now, we were able to buy a new pet and we were going to use this opportunity as best as we could. Hermione instantly went for a cat again, which she named Crookshanks. I, on the other hand, saw one particular animal that caught my eye. It was a blackfeathered owl. He was beautiful and it felt like there was an instant connection between us. I gave him a small pet on the head and I just knew I had to go for him. The owner of the shop got him out of his cage and the owl sat down on my shoulder. He was my new buddy with the name Loki.
Now, that we had everything we needed, we went on our way back home to get ready to leave for Hogwarts in the morning.