Did you know?

Mattheo's pov

Last night I told Y/N to stop changing my nightmares. I couldn't see her be that exhausted everytime my father taunts me in my nightmares. I hurt her and she doesn't deserve to be even more hurt. I just hope that she will listen to me. At least during the past night I hadn't noticed anything happening in my dreams. But, that might also be, since I didn't have a nightmare and because Y/N was exhausted because of the previous night. Next to that, she looked a lot better, this morning during breakfast. Neither of us had said anything to the other, but we knew by the looks of eachother, that we had a better night of sleep than yesterday's night. 

After breakfast had finished, I was on my way back to my dormroom, when I got greeted by an uncomfortable feeling. Something was off, but I couldn't think of what could be off. I reached my door and saw it was partly open, which was weird, because I was sure I had closed it completely when leaving. I slowly pushed open the door to be greeted with nothing different except for a letter on my bed. I walked over and opened it, already knowing who it would be from; My father. 

Mattheo, 

I want you to speed things up with the girl. There have been some changes to the plan and she needs to be on our side by the end of next month. If she's not, then it's over for her and you need to clean up the pieces. 

-V

My father didn't write it explicitly, but he's telling me to murder Y/N by the end of next month if she's not on his side by then. I need to figure something out, because this cannot happen. I will not be the cause of anything bad happening to her. I need to keep her safe, because I will never forgive myself if anything happens to her. But, I need help. So, I went on my way to find Theo. I found him on his way inside from the courtyard and took him into one of the corridors surrounding the exit to the courtyard. 'What is wrong, Mattheo?' Theo asked me worriedly. 'It's my father.' 'What about him?' 'The plans changed. I don't know what exactly changed, but he moved the dates up.' 'How much?' Theo knew exactly what I was talking about. 'She needs to be on my father's side by the end of next month or he wants me to kill her.' 'You're not serious right?! You can't be serious right?! Mattheo?!' I stayed quiet, not knowing what to say. At the moment, there was nothing else, besides those two options. 'Mattheo. I asked you to protect her. You promised me.' 'I know. And I still will. But, I told you how my father is, he will stop at nothing to get what he wants.' 'I knew this was a bad idea, the moment you told me at the beginning of the year. I should have never let you meet Y/N.' 'You know, I would have met her either way, Theo. I had to. You and I both know that.' Right as Theo wanted to respond, someone came walking around the corner. 

Y/N's pov:

When I woke up the day after my talk with Mattheo, I couldn't stop thinking about what he had said. So, I went on a walk through the corridors to clear my head. After all the hurt Mattheo has caused me, I still feel connected to him. And I still care about him. Why else would I have helped him with his nightmares. Eventhough he's done some shitty things, he doesn't deserve to go through those nightmares. He doesn't need to be reminded of all the hurt his father caused him. I was almost at the exit to the courtyard, when I heard some familiar voices coming from around the corner. It was Theo and Mattheo. They were having quite a heated conversation, about... I tried to listen, but they didn't speak loud enough for me to hear. I moved as close as I could without them noticing me and I could finally understand what was being said. 'I asked you to protect her. You promised me.' 'Who was Theo talking about?' I whispered to myself. 'I know. And I still will. But, I told you how my father is, he will stop at nothing to get what he wants.' 'I knew this was a bad idea, the moment you told me at the beginning of the year. I should have never let you meet Y/N.' 'You know, I would have met her either way, Theo. I had to. You and I both know that.' Theo knew about everything? He knew before I even met Mattheo? And he never told me? He just let me get hurt and be used? I walked around the corner with tears brooding in my eyes. 'You knew?' I looked Theo in his eyes, when I asked him. 'Y/N...' 'Theo, tell me. Did you know?' 'Yes...' 'And you never told me? You let me get hurt and be used by him.' I moved my eyes to Mattheo for a second before moving them back to Theo. 'Y/N it's my fault. I told him not to tell you.' Mattheo said. 'No, it's your fault that I got hurt, Mattheo. It's not your fault that Theo didn't tell me. I know you are as close as brothers, but I thought you were my friend too, Theo.' I was talking to both of them, but I just kept my eyes on Theo. I was already on the verge of breaking down and I knew the moment I would look at Mattheo, the dams in my eyes would break. 'I am... Y/N I am so sorry.' I didn't know what to respond to Theo, so I just shook my head, turned around and walked away. 'Y/N, WAIT!' Theo yelled from behind me, but he didn't follow me. I just kept on walking.