Chapter 3

MADS

It had been years and not a single piece of information whether they were coming back to attack us. I had to stay prepared and keep Tavi safe.

"Empty your mind," My grandfather said slamming me to the ground. I groan in pain watching him dance around me. I tried sweeping him off his feet just to be kicked in the face. "EMPTY MIND" He yelled again. We had been at it for four hours not a single drop of sweat on him. The only thing I had in my mind was protecting those I loved and me between Xera's thighs. I could have easily had her yesterday. "You are becoming as sloppy as your father," He said leaving me inside the dojo. As the door closed I got up to text Indie. It had been days since I had seen Xera, and I needed insight into her

M: I need your help.
I: I'm busy.
M: Did I ask?
I: She doesn't want you.
M: Indie...
I: Fine, I saw her at the Cathedral.

I showered taking out my freshly pressed suit. I comb back each hair in place making sure everything was in the right spot. "Come in," I said hearing a knock.

"You look handsome" My mother smiled squeezing my cheek. I groan earning a kiss from her.

"Mom, come on" I sigh wiping her lipstick off my cheek. "What?" I ask eying her down I wasn't always going to be her little boy forever. She could ask Aunt Rika for Aaron if she had a motherly calling.

"Who is she?" She asked crossing her arms. We stood in silence not either of us breaking eye contact. "Madden Fox Mori, tell me," She tilt her head to the side making it known she was serious business.

"No one," I said leaving her by my door frame.

"No car or bike as punishment" I placed my keys back into their slot leaving through the front door. She couldn't keep me her little boy for so long. I walk my way to the Cathedral going through the forest was the shortest way to arrive. I didn't mind it, the bird was always above singing to me. Making myself there I spotted the Torrance's car no surprise they would be here. Roaming the place I look around for a brunette shouldn't be hard with the way she dresses as a man. "Madden, are you here confess?" The priest asked seeing me come alone this time.

"N—" I spot the brunette entering the confession box. "Yes, I'll find my way. Thank you," I left him behind entering the opposite door of hers.

"Why are you following me?"

"I'm here confessing"

"You are on the priest's side"

"What makes you think I'm not one?" She laughs at my joke. God, how I wish I could have her on my lap. Just a day of us without me fucking it up.

"Madden Mori a priest? Your parents would never approve of it" Even the way she said my name had me hard.

"I don't need their approval. Why are you here?"

"To confess"

"Go on"

"Why would I to you?" She had a point, I wouldn't either. "Besides, what fun would there be without a mystery?"

"Mystery?"

"You know the one. The chords of the heart need..."

" to be touched to be played" I finished it off. "How do you know?" I demanded answers. Only I knew of the riddle not even Tavi.

"We're both fuck in the head remember" She recites my saying from a few nights ago. "Meet me here at midnight, don't be late" The door opened and closed informing me she had gone out. I need to know how she knew and where she heard it from.