Untitled Part 13

Deeks remained by his daughter's side not moving, his hand brushing her brown sweaty hair from her face. Her eyes grew heavy, she was mentally exhausted. The teen knew she wasn't out of danger but she was safe with her father and one of her surrogate uncles.

Callen was trying to find a way out without getting them killed, he knew the worried father was too close to this and had to get him out. But there was no way the shaggy blonde man wouldn't leave his terrified daughter. And they couldn't move her without risking her life or theirs. One wrong move they could all die.

"Eric, what's the ETA on the bomb squad?" Callen asked quietly in his ear piece.

"At least 3 minutes out" Eric replied over the comms.

"Callen" Came a soft voice, it belonged to Deeks. "I need to talk to you"

"Deeks, what is it?"

The Liaison had gotten up and took the senior agent to the side. "I'm going to try and trade places with Dani. I'm gonna take the trigger, while I have the bomb" He paused, choking up. "I need you to get Dani out of here. Get her away as far as possible"

"Deeks I'm not leaving you alone in this"

"I need you to promise me that you guys will take care of Dani and my mom"

"Deeks-"

"No Callen. If I'm not getting out of here, I need you to promise me that you guys will protect my family"

"You will get out of this, I give you my word. You and Dani will make it out of here. I'm not letting anything happen to either of you"

"Callen" Deeks had a pleading voice. "Promise me"

The senior agent saw the tears, fear and pleading look in his friend's eyes. Callen hardly had seen this look in the shaggy haired man. He was going to get the father and daughter out together, he was going to make it his mission at that time to get them out together. He didn't wanna even begin to think about the negative outcomes of this.

"Callen, please. Promise me"

With a breath he spoke. "Alright. I promise"