X

Friday • January 13, 2023Location • Private Residence Warnings • Self-harm, memories of verbal abuse

Location • Private Residence
Warnings • Self-harm, memories of verbal abuse.

•••

The grip I had around my customized red Glock Seventeen was tight, my knuckles had turned white from the hold I had on the handle. I was aiming at a moving piece of cardboard, the design of the most to least lethal areas colored in different shades. My grip only tightened further when I heard the door to my private shooting range slam open, the door bouncing off of the soundproof walls.

I breathed in slowly through my nose and closed my eyes while I calmly set the weapon down. Through gritted teeth I spoke, "You have five fucking second to talk before I'm shooting you instead of the damn targets." I told them, not even glancing behind me as I leant forward onto the metal tray.

My heart rate was beating a mile a minute, the adrenaline in my body pumping through my veins. "One..." I trailed off, cracking my knuckles when I heard them suck in a breath at my tone. It was raspy, most likely because I hadn't spoken much today...didn't feel the need to.

"Two." I counted, gritting my teeth together harder. My jaw clenched as I felt the presence of the person near me, their body heat practically radiating off of them in waves.

Finally, as I was going to open my mouth and count again, they cleared their throat. "Hera, you've been angry recently. Have you been taking your medication?" They asked, and I soon recognized the voice to belong to Catalina. I rolled my eyes at her idiotic question.

I didn't answer immediately and brushed my palm against the right pocket of my black jeans, the prominent outline of my knife calming me down slightly. "I've been taking all my pills...do you have any other dumb questions, Cat?" I ground out, wrapping my hand around the handle of my pretty gun once again.

My head turned slightly so I'd be able to glance at her. She shuffled in her spot when she saw my stare and I raised my eyebrows in confusion when her eyes snapped down towards the floor. "Bye." I told her, slowly waving my hand at her - trying to signal for her to leave.

She didn't and instead started walking towards me, the quiet sound of her feet padding against the ground the only noise in the otherwise silent room. "I think you need to rest, all of this shooting isn't doing you any good...you've been in here for far too long." She told me quietly, snatching the weapon from my hand.

I scoffed and tore it away from her thieving self. "Don't tell me what I can and can't do, leave." I murmured, turning back around towards the continuously moving targets. An annoyed sigh left her, but eventually, even after shots began to ring out in the room, she left me to do what I wanted.