Chapter 7 - Sonic Inner Turmoil

After a long hike through the vast jungle, they finally arrive at the big city known as Carlison Cart City. The whole group was exhausted after that long battle last chapter. As they entered the town they were engrossed with the bright lights and the towering buildings, "Welcome to Carlison Cart City! You guys probably need to rest at a motel after that crazy battle right?" Tania said. "Yeah, but let's eat first! I don't think I've eaten something since this adventure started!" Sonic said, " Ooo, we can go to this fancy food place with AMZAING lasagna." Johnzel excitedly says " Ooh they better have some chilli dogs!

 The gang began walking to this cool lasagna place and they sat and ate some of the best food they had eaten in a while. The group chatted and joked, but Sonic couldn't relax, he was still so worried about his asong babae! Sonic doesn't know what that meant but Tania and johnzel said it was sooo romantic to tell his katoe that! Tania, Johnzel, and Thomas told Sonic some prettyy good pet names for his suso a while ago.

But never mind that! Sonic was worried, how could he let this happen? he was the fastest creature alive! he could have destroyed Eggman's ship or done jujitsu on him! Ugh why is he so stupid?! "Hey sonic, are you okay?" tails nudged sonic "you been uncharacteristic quiet for the whole dinner, your Lasagna is gonna get cold!" Tails point to Sonic's cold sad lasagna. "Oh, I'm alright Tails! I'm just... zoning out!" Sonic chuckled. "Hm, okay... well you better eat quick! We gonna go soon." tails said. Sonic and the others quickly finished their supper and then head off.

Tania and Johnzel escort the group to the motel, after leading them to the motel they left to their own houses. The group only had enough money for one room, the room they bought was a normal looking motel room with two beds. "I call dibs on this bed!" rouge says while flying to the bed near the window and planting herself on the mattress and covering herself with the blanket. "You boys can share the other bed kay!" Rouge says while yawning. "What no!?" Knuckles and Shadow said at the same time. Shadow, Knuckles, and Thomas tried to push Rouge off the bed which quickly turned into an intense game of Pillow fighting. Sonic and Tails were just staring at the quarrel happening in front of their eyes. "Um Im gonna take a shower," tails said to sonic, sonic nodded and tails went into the bathroom. Sonic was too tired for this and plotted himself onto the bed and went to sleep. 

Sonic was dreaming. He was running through a beautiful meadow with Katie, his wife. She was laughing, her hair streaming out behind her as they raced through the flowers. Sonic felt so happy, so carefree. He knew he was dreaming, but he didn't want to wake up. 

But then something changed. The sky darkened, and a shadow fell over the meadow. Sonic looked up, and his heart sank. It was Eggman, his arch-nemesis. He was holding Katie captive, and Sonic knew he had to save her. 

He started to run towards Eggman, but he couldn't move. It was like he was running in slow motion. He could see Katie struggling in Eggman's grip, and he knew he had to get to her. But he just couldn't move fast enough.

Suddenly, Sonic woke up. He sat up in bed, his heart racing. For a moment, he thought he was still in the dream. But then he realized he was still in the motel with the others but not katie...

Sonic was sharing the bed with tails, knuckles, and thomas. Rouge was sleeping alone in her own bed while shadow was sleeping on the floor. Sonic sighed and check the time, it was 4 am... ugh sonic said mentally. Sonic got out of bed and went into the bathroom, Sonic washed his face with water and then look at the mirror, Sonic could see that obvious dark circles are forming under his eyelids and tear marks staining his cheeks, was he seriously crying in his sleep? Sonic sighed again. 

"Um sonic-?" Sonic got startled by the new voice and took a step back but accidentally tripped and fallen into the bathtub. When Sonic looked up he saw Tails, Tails quickly ran up to the bathtub and reach his hand out to sonic. Sonic grabbed the offered hand and Tails pulled Sonic up. "Geez sorry sonic! I didn't mean to startle you.." Tails apologized. Sonic smiled at Tails, "Oh Tails, it alright! I just didn't expect you haha!" Sonic said.

Tails chuckled, "I can see that. Are you alright? You took quite a tumble there." Sonic rubbed his back, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just landed on my back, that's all." Tails looked at Sonic with concern, "Hey Sonic, I've been meaning to ask you..." Tails said "Uh yeah what is it?" Sonic said with concern. "Are you okay? I notice you been not acting like your usual self lately" Tails look straight at Sonic's eyes. Sonic gulped, Soonic has honesty was never really good with opening up to people emotionally, Sonic looked away, "I don't know, Tails. It's just... I'm so worried about Katie, they got kidnapped by Eggman, and I did nothing to stop it" Sonic paused for a moment before continuing, "And it just... all so stressful and im really worry about her" Sonic looked down, trying to hide the tears.

"Sonic... it not your fault that she got kidnapped," tails says. Sonic looked up at Tails, "I know, but I can't help feeling like I should have done something to prevent it. I'm supposed to be the hero, Tails. I should be able to protect the people I care about." Tails put a hand on Sonic's shoulder, "Sonic, you are a hero, and you're doing everything you can to save Katie. But you can't blame yourself for things that are out of your control. We'll find a way to rescue her, I promise." Sonic looked at Tails, and for a moment, he felt a glimmer of hope. He felt grateful to have a friend like Tails who was always there for him, even in the toughest of times. Sonic smiled weakly, "Thanks, Tails. I appreciate it." Tails grinned, "Of course, Sonic. That's what friends are for." 

"Now let go back to bed Sonic, we gonna need enough energy to save Katoe from that egghead!" Sonic nodded, "You're right, Tails

"Now let go back to bed Sonic, we gonna need enough energy to save Katoe from that egghead!" Sonic nodded, "You're right, Tails. Let's get some rest. We'll need all the energy we can get to take on Eggman." Tails smiled, "That's the spirit, Sonic. We'll rescue Katie and put a stop to Eggman's evil plans once and for all." Sonic grinned, feeling a renewed sense of determination. He was lucky to have a friend like Tails who always knew how to lift his spirits and give him hope. Sonic climbed into bed, feeling grateful for the support of his friend.