Chapter 11 - Obsession Revealed

"R-Ryley? From the prologue?" Kattie's eyes widened.

'No... NO!'

'This can't be Ryley! Ryley would never... NEVER do anything like this! She wouldn't kidnap her friend and force them to marry her!'

...

'Right?'

'No, no, don't doubt yourself! It's probably just a robot designed to look like Ryley! Yes, that's it!'

As millions of thoughts rushed through Katie's mind, Ryley - no, the mysterious lady - crept closer and closer to the cell.

The lady smirked. "Long time no see, Love." She gave Katie a huge grin. "You have no idea how long I've waited for this..."

When Katie heard the voice, she finally realized it was Ryley. Not a robot... Ryley was the one who had planned all of this... the one who had traumatized her and ruined the honeymoon. What Katie couldn't understand was... why?

"Why... Why would you do this?" Katie said.

Ryley smiled. "That's easy! Because I love you, Katie!" Ryley took a few steps away from the cell and turned her back.

"Well, I've always loved you, Katie. It was love at first sight!" Ryley put a thumb to her lip. "When I first laid eyes on you, I was obsessed! Your beauty was so captivating..."

"I just knew we were meant to be together!" Ryley hugged herself. "We were going to get married, have cats, and a big house! It was going to be so lovey-dovey!" Ryley squealed. "But... then Sonic entered our lives..." Ryley's anger was palpable. "Then you guys started dating... I thought it was going to be another one of your phases, where you date a dude for like three months, get bored of him, and dump him."

Ryley turned around to face Katie. "But I didn't realize it until it was too late... that it wasn't the case this time..."

Ryley stared daggers at Katie, sending a shiver down her spine. Was this really the real Ryley? This... this lovesick freak?! Slowly, Katie was losing respect for this woman.

"You guys dated for four YEARS?! How didn't I catch on sooner?" Ryley dropped a hand on her face. "If I had noticed sooner, I could have broken you guys up..." Ryley chuckled.

"But it's too late for that..." Ryley sighed.

"When you guys announced that you were getting married at the Thanksgiving dinner... I felt despair, I felt hopeless." Ryley yelled, startling Katie. She took a few steps back while Ryley slowly made her way closer to the prison bars. "I tried my best to break you two up before it happened, but I was not successful. I felt like crying at the ceremony... seeing my true love getting STOLEN by a... a... A BLUE BITCH!" Ryley was tearing up.

"My last resort was objecting at your wedding, but I was ignored, yet again..." Ryley clenched her heart. "No one cared about my love, YOU didn't care!" Streams of tears ran down her face.

'What the fuck?' Katie thought. Is this really the friend I had spent so much time with? This... psychopath?!

"But that's gonna change, dear!" Ryley smiled. "My happy ending is finally here! With you!" Ryley put her hands on the bars of the prison cell.

"That blue brat is finally out of the picture. Metal Sonic did a good job."

"And I can finally achieve the dream of having a married life... with my true love." Ryley sighed dreamily. "Finally having you all to myself is a dream come true." Ryley stared into Katie's eyes with love and passion, but Katie didn't return the same. Instead, they had a look of horror and betrayal in their eyes.

Ryley started to move away from the bars and made her way to the door

Ryley started to move away from the bars and made her way to the door. "I'm looking forward to our wedding." Ryley waved goodbye while leaving the room, with Eggman following closely behind and shutting the door.

Katie just stood there, rethinking her whole life. How could she have trusted an obsessed stalker? How couldn't she have seen the red flags?

"Uh, Katie, are you okay?" the pink hedgehog asked.

"Hm? Oh yeah, uh..." Katie cleared her throat. "I just need to take a nap..." Katie stretched and yawned, getting into their prison bed, but they couldn't sleep.