Chapter 10 - Wedding Plans Revealed

It had been about three weeks, or maybe four? Katie couldn't be sure anymore. At this point, they had lost count of the days and weeks spent trapped in this dusty old cell, awaiting their impending doom.

Katie lay on the cell floor, reflecting on the events of the past few days. First, they were kidnapped by Eggman during their honeymoon with their stud muffin Sonic. Now, they were being forced to marry Eggman, the loser with an egg obsession. To make matters worse, Amy Rose, their friend, had also been kidnapped by Robotnik's goons and was being coerced into being their bridesmaid. However, Amy was mostly taken away from the prison to assist with Eggman's wedding preparations, making her more of a bridesmaid to Eggman than to Katie.

A few days ago, another victim named Honey the Cat was kidnapped by Eggman. Katie was acquainted with the yellow Cat because she was a friend of Tania, and they often hung out together in the same friend group. Honey the Cat was taken captive to design and make the wedding dress for the bride and a suit for the groom, as well as create over a hundred suits for Robotnik's servants. Consequently, Honey spent most of her time outside the bars, only returning to the cell at night to rest.

Left alone in the cell with little to do, Katie found themselves with limited options. They could either stare at the ceiling for hours or sleep. Although they attempted to strike up conversations with Cubot and Orbit, Eggman's annoying robots, it proved fruitless. Finally, Katie heard footsteps approaching their cell, signalling the arrival of either Amy being sent back or a robot coming to attend to their needs. As it turned out, Amy was indeed thrown into the cage by Cubot, the ketchup-coloured robot, while Orbot, the mustard one, closed and locked the door before leaving.

"Ugh... Can't they be more gentle?" Amy grumbled, brushing off the dust and rising from the ground. "Long day?" Katie inquired. "YES! How do those Robotnik lackeys tolerate Eggman's stupid orders and his repulsive personality?" Amy vented her frustration, stomping her foot to release some of her anger. After letting out a sigh, she slumped down on her deflated air mattress, facing Katie. "I would love to take a nap after that horrible meeting, but we need to work on our escape plan RIGHT NOW!" Amy declared, grabbing a paper and pencil from under her pillow. "We only have a week before you get married!"

The most they discussed the plan was limited to the basic outline: find a way to disable the security systems, overpower the guards, make a run for it, and somehow rescue Honey the Cat along the way. And that was it-

wait

Did she just say the wedding is happening in a week?!

Amy kicked away the air mattress and sat on the floor. "So, any bright ideas?" she asked, awaiting Katie's response. However, Katie was too stunned by the newfound information to provide an answer.

"Wait, wait, wait. What did you just say?" Katie pointed at Amy, seeking clarification. "Um, any ideas?" Amy replied innocently. "No, no, before that!" Katie pressed further.

"Oh! The wedding is happening next week," Amy repeated.

Katie stared in shock. The wedding was taking place in a week?! This couldn't be true! Planning an entire wedding usually took months, not just a week. Was Eggman seriously prepared for all of this?

"I... I didn't know it was happening next week," Katie said, entering a contemplative pose. "Yes, and that's all the more reason for us to make our escape plan foolproof!" Amy raised her hands, emphasizing the urgency of the situation. Before she could continue, however, the sound of the door opening interrupted them. Katie stood up while Amy hastily concealed the paper behind her back.

As the door swung open, Katie and Amy weren't sure who to expect. To their surprise, it was none other than Eggman himself. With his arms behind his back and an evil smile on his face, he greeted them. Katie opted for the silent treatment, refusing to respond to Eggman's presence. "Rude, but okay," Eggman muttered.

"Well, I'm here to bring you some news!" Eggman announced.

"Hm? What News?" Katie crossed their arms, raising an eyebrow

"Well, you should know that the wedding is happening next week."

"Already knew" 

"Well, ok, but I have another announcement! You're not actually getting married to me."

It took a moment for Eggman's words to register in Katie's mind. "What?"

"Yes, you're actually getting married to one of my friends... You might know her," Eggman chuckled. "Besides, I'm already married!" He proudly displayed a ring on his finger.

"What?!" Katie exclaimed. "First of all, what the fuck?! And secondly, who in their right mind would agree to marry YOU?!"

"Agent Stone," Eggman replied matter-of-factly.

"I- that- yeah that checks out..." Katie pinched their nose in frustration.

"Yeah you guys weren't invited to the wedding" 

"But wait..." Katie crossed their arms, pondering the situation. "If I'm not marrying you, then who am I marrying?" they questioned, glaring at Eggman.

"Well... You're meeting her right now!" Eggman laughed, stepping aside to reveal a mysterious woman standing behind him.

As Katie's eyes fell upon her, they noticed her bright blue suit and the Hello Kitty purse she dragged behind her. With messy brown hair and streaks of pink dye, she appeared to have been crying, evident from the dried mascara streaks on her cheeks. It took a moment for Katie to recognize her, and when they finally did, they gasped, covering their mouth in shock.

"R-Ryley? From the prologue...?" Katie's eyes widened. 'No... Ryley wouldn't do this,' they thought.

Ryley smirked. "Long time no see..."