Chapter 9

Clay, Peril, and Glory were beyond shocked as the sand soon turned into a blank map of Pyrrhia. "How did you do that." Said Peril in total shock. "I have no idea." Said Clay. "I think I do, Clay, try a basic enchantment on this rock." Said Glory. "Uh okay, Uhm I enchant this rock to fly all around Pyrrhia until you find Tsunami." Said Clay. The next thing they knew the small rock shot out of his hand flying through the air. "As I suspected, Clay that necklace you're wearing is wielding Animus Magic, so wearing it enables you to be an Animus." Said Glory. "How is that possible." Said Peril. "I don't know but this is interesting, imagine what we can do with that." Said Clay. "Like what?" Asked Peril. "Like this." He said as he touched her. "I enchant Peril so that she can control when her fire scales are active or not." He said and that's when they saw the smoke begin to fade away from her. "H-how." She said as she moved to a fern and touched it but it didn't catch fire. She gasped and tackled Clay in a hug. "Thank you so much Clay." She cheered out happily. Glory touched her side. "Wow, that is amazing you feel like a normal Skywing now." She said smiling.

Peril bounced around touching all kinds of things enjoying how they didn't catch fire. Clay chuckled at this cause she was acting like a dragonet who'd gotten their first toy. Glory cleared her throat catching both their attentions. "Clay I think you should be holding off on using that, we know what happens to a normal Animus when they use magic but we don't know how it'll affect you if it's a totem that is doing it." She warned. "I know but this is something she's been wanting for so long, now she can have a life she should've always had." Said Clay. Glory sighed. "Can we get moving now, I mean can we head to our destination." She said calmly. They both nodded in agreement before they got back underway. As they flew Glory took the lead and Peril flew as close to Clay as she could. "Clay, thank you so much for this, this is a dream come true." She said smiling. "I'm just happy to help." He said smiling. Peril smiled and then took her chance as she kissed him on the cheek. Clay yelped stumbling on his wings blushing through his dark brown scales. Peril smiled nervously. "I have wanted to do that forever." She said nervously. "I uh I am speechless." He said blushing as he kissed back.

They soon arrived at the Sandpool Desert area. "Woah, this is amazing but it's also kinda creepy." Said Glory as they arrived looking at the giant whirlpool made of sand. "I wonder what is causing that." Said Peril. "I don't know, but if I remember Starflights boring lectures correctly it has been this way for over four thousand years, and even then apparently nobody knows what caused it." Said Glory. They all began searching for clues when Clay noticed black lines slithering in and out of the center of the whirlpool. "Oh for the love of the three moons." He groaned as he got an idea. "What's wrong Clay?" Asked both Glory and Peril. "I have an idea of how to find the clues we are after but it is extremely dangerous for us all." He said annoyed. "What is it?" Asked Peril sensing his fear. "Down there in the center, Dragonbite Vipers are going into the center and then disappearing, I believe it's an Animus enchanted thing to disguise what is truly down there but whatever it is, there is most likely a Dragonbite Viper nest as well." Said Clay. Upon hearing this both of them groaned. "I'll go down into it." Said Peril