Farther

"Duck!" I didn't duck and was flung into a tree. We were two days into traveling to The Wanderer's Wallow, and every night since, I'd traveled to The Heavenly Realm. Currently, Voaldin was trying to teach me hand to hand combat. You could see how that was going.

"Shit," they swore loudly. "I'm sorry, Ulixity!"

While hearing my name was still a bit unnatural, it was nice to talk to people who actually knew it. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I told them, getting back up and twisting my back to relieve the tension. "I didn't duck."

"No, you did not," they said, laughing boisterously. I could still feel my chest throbbing from where they kicked me. "Be happy it is me fighting you and not someone else. They won't hold back."

"I'm used to immortals not holding back against me. I can take a hit," I told them. They frowned and muttered some rather unpleasant things about the gods.

"In other thoughts, how are you doing in your search for Xisarus?" They asked, taking a moment to sit down. Sparing for hours straight could be tiring.

"Only on the third day of travel," I told them. "Still got four days after this before we even get there. By the way Nyx talks, The Wanderer's Wallow is a pretty big place. It could take a while."

"Well, if you want a glimpse of the future, Saren and I are happy to help," Voaldin said. "Should you head back soon?"

I discovered that keeping a watch is very helpful. It was 5 a.m. in the mortal world, but people would start getting up soon to get back on the road. "Probably," I sighed.

"Hey, look at the bright side. You've gotten a lot better already! You learn quite fast," they said excitedly. "Which I am thankful for. Your father was quite the stubborn learner."

"You taught them?" I questioned.

They laughed again, "Of course I did! Hyzotz is the second youngest Titan from our generation. Dzuame is the youngest. The rest of us taught them all we knew."

It still baffled me how close all the Titans were with each other. Hearing them say stuff like this was like a slap to the face. "Well, good day. I'll see you tomorrow."

Since my conversation with Dzuame and Hyzotz, I regained my control over when I came and went to The Heavenly Realm.

I opened my eyes slowly. The fire still blazed beside me, the wood not burning but rather simply hosting the embers. Robin and Lesterati were the two who woke up first.

"Good morning," Robin greeted, seeing me awake. My back was still sore from where I hit the tree. "Can you help wake up the others? We want to cover as much ground today as possible."

I got up and walked over to Ialdir, kicking him in the side. He groaned and rolled over. "Up and at 'em," I told him. He looked up at me and glared sleepily.

Tholnia opened her eyes as I approached. "I'm awake," she told me. "No kicking is needed."

"How disappointing," I said, kicking Vynaria, who was dead asleep not too far from her. Thankfully, she didn't snore like Ialdir.

"I can't tell if you're spiteful or just an ass," Ettia mumbled, rubbing his eyes as his mother woke him up.

Besides him, Mizotl smacked his face, or at least tried. He miscalculated and smacked him in the throat. Ettia let out a choked sound as Mizotl told him, "Don't be a bitch."

"You little shit," is what Ettia was trying to say, although it came out as more, "you lit sit." Mizotl stuck his tongue out at him and got up.

"Can you put this out, Fiamma?" Citune asked, taking some food from the fire.