一 :𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙩𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙠

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1 : 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖙𝖙𝖆𝖈𝖐

__________________

This feels so good, sitting on the grass. A well kept bed of grass is contoured by luxurious shrubs. Grass and plants are seemingly content with their positions in the garden, none trying to reach beyond, at least not yet. The smaller flower bushes make sure they're paid attention to as well, and the shrubs are hard to miss, but there's no way to win when the garden is designed with the rays of sunlight.

I was laying on the grass when I heard some voices. I looked around me , left and right and saw two people near a tree. One was sleeping and the other one was waking the person by shaking him. I walked closer to them and a girl was calling 'the sleeping person's' name as Eren.

The boy named Eren wakes up from what feels like a long and elaborate dream. The girl , whom he called Mikasa, tells him it's time to go home. She asks him why he's crying, but Eren can't remember.

I stepped on a branch and they diverted their eyes on me. I looked at them wide eyed as Mikasa ran infront of Eren, as if protecting him?

I looked at them in shock as Mikasa spoke , "Who are you ? Why are you here? "

I got shocked at her sudden outburst and I started panicking. I am not much of a extrovert around new people , I am very preserved and introverted but once I get to know them I will be the craziest extrovert they would have ever met.

I started speaking soon after the moment of silence , " Ahh , don't worry I won't harm you, I am just another citizen of Shiganshina District. My name is Y/N L/N. "

I spoke as my straight black coloured hair upto my shoulders was disturbed by the waves of winds. The fringes of mine started moving abnormally because of the intensity of the summer wind.

" I am Eren , and she is Mikasa. Nice to meet you" Eren said reaching his hand forward but Mikasa overprotectively took his hand back. My cherry coloured lips curved up at the corners as my fluffy cheeks were in shade of pink.

" The scouts will be coming back, do you want to see them with me ? " I ask them as Eren had the biggest smile ever and no
dded.

" Let's go." The girl , Mikasa spoke as we started walking towards the gates.

On the way, a priest preaches on the sanctity of their walls as me , Eren and Mikasa make their way inside, carrying firewood. Mikasa was asking Eren why he was crying when he was sleeping only to be interrupted by Mr. Hannes, one of the guards, that overhears our conversation and asks why Eren is crying. He reeks of alcohol.

Eren starts yelling at him, " Why are you having drinks while at work. You wouldn't be fit to fight in this state if something happened. "

Hannes' colleague assures him, " Don't worry Eren , we can defend the walls just fine, but no such incident has occurred in a hundred years.
We've seen the monsters roaming outside during scouting patrols, but these walls are too high for those creatures to breach. All we have to do is close them. "

I could say that Eren wasn't satisfied and says,
" This kind of life makes us feel like cattle."

The other guards laugh at the plucky kid as they storm off. I think for a moment, Eren 's words are quite true. Why can't we have our own freedom? I always question myself. We walk towards the gate as my eyes lit up because the gate was about to open.

Eren starts speaking , " I would like to join the scout regiment and explore the outside world "

Mikasa whispers to Eren," I might not be joining the Scout Regiment with you" , which sets off an argument between them. Suddenly the bell rings, signaling the return of the scouts , and that makes them shut up.

The men who return are bloodied, broken, and distressed. A mother wails for her fallen son. She asks if he at least achieved something out there, but the scout weeps as he admits they've made no progress.

I feel so sad about it. I have never thought of joining the scout regiment but I wanted to join the military police. I noticed a man insulting scouts, before I could take action Eren clobbers a man in the crowd. but Mikasa pulls him back and throws him to a wall.

She asks him , " did this display change your mind about joining the scouts? " but Eren merely picked up his dropped firewood. I told the two that I will be going home as they went their own way.

I layed on my bed thinking about freedom. The words Eren said kept roaming in my head. ' This kind of life makes us feel like cattle'.

Suddenly I heard some noises outside and I opened my front door and a lightning strike hits the wall and shakes the ground. Rattled, everyone goes to investigate. There they see a titan's head emerge over the 50m wall, and it kicks the entrance open, blasting away debris and nearby people alike. Other titans start swarming inside.

I panicked as I saw Eren and Mikasa were running this way which I supposed to be the way of their houses.

" Y/N RUN RUN ! " Eren shouts as Mikasa pulls my hands and makes me run with her.
Eren finds his mother crushed under rubble. We try to get her out, but she tells us to make a run for it. Eren cries as he could never do such a thing. The three of us refuse, but Mr. Hannes arrives and swears to slay the nearby titans.

Hannes gets stopped in his tracks as a massive titan looms over him. I froze at my spot as Mr. Hannes kept yelling me to run. I couldn't run , my legs weren't allowing me to run.

A wave of adrenaline rushed to me as I was about to fall on my knees but Mr. Hannes sheathes his sword and carries the three of us to safety. Eren's mother tells us to be safe. The titan picks her up from the rubble and eats Carla, right within Eren's view.

_______________________________________

Note-

I am really sorry if there would be any typing mistakes and I haven't read manga read so there won't be any manga spoilers. Feel free to read and everything in this story will happen within the anime.