八 : 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙚

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8: 𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖊

___________________________________

_____

Two days after the disastrous event in Wall Sina, you wake up surprisingly by the knock on your door. You look at your light-curtained window, there's no light emerging from outside.

It must be still dawn. You get up from your bed hardly, first because you're still very sleepy and tired, secondly because you're still in pain of your fractured leg and sprained waist.

You drag yourself to reach the doorknob. You open the door slowly, indicating you're being careful.

"May I come in, y/n?" You are now seeing your visitor.

You become fully awake in a blink of an eye. "Ah... Heichou, sure." You let him in with a gesture, and feeling kind of embarrass of your sleepy face. Why's he here this early...?

Knowing your injuries, he says, "You can just sit, y/n."

You obey, and sit on the edge of your bed, nervous of the unusual circumstances.

He's leaning to your closed door, facing the window looking at nothing instead of facing you. "Have you got any better, y/n?"

It's only been two days, and you're not feeling too different from the moment you got the injuries.

But you don't want to worry about the corporal, and also as a soldier it'll be too shameful to state your actual condition.

"Yes, Heichou. I hope I can begin my training in two days."

He knows you're lying. He never heard that fractured leg could be recovered in just a few days. "You're not Eren,
y/n. Even though your will is not a bad thing."

You actually agree with him, and it makes you disappointed in yourself. "Heichou... maybe I'm not cut out to be in your squad..."

Levi turns to look at you. His face appears to be a little agitated by your statement. "Tch. y/n, you've survived many expeditions and unscathed. You're not that weak."

You sigh, unable to look him back. "Yeah, but these never-ending injuries..." you contemplate, leaving your sentence unfinished.

The dark-haired man folds his arms. "... They were assigned to protect Eren, y/n. They succeeded their duty with their lives. It was just a coincidence that you had to stay in headquarters on the account of your injury back then."

You're holding your tears up, while grabbing your bed sheet tightly. Deep down you hope he is unaware of your emotion that bursts out silently.

He continues in his monotone voice, "It's not easy for me to say this, but, I am grateful that you've stayed alive because you had gotten that injury."